something odd

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
October of last year my G. Rosea molted and so I was expecting the same thing this year but still nothing. She's been showing signs of molting since around july/august. there's a bald spot on her abdomen that gets dark one day and then it's half light/half dark.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When you say half light half dark, are you describing the black line that runs along the center line of the abdomen (only visible on a bald patch)? if so, that's the T's heart.

Has your T been refusing food since July/August? Pre-molt fasts for G. rosea can last forever. One of my adult females last molted in September 2008 and has been fasting since the end of May this year. She fasted for around nine months before her last molt so I'll be surprised if she sheds before christmas but you never know.

G. rosea have rarely been known to match owners expectations. They work on their own timeframes. :D

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's been accepting food here and there.. her abdomen stays nice and fat, so it looks as if shes good on food for a while.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dang Pikaia, Some stuff i knew and other info, I had no idea. Thanks man, its been a great help.