Something New

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful! Love to raise some pretty feeders like that.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice looking.

seems like it is about 1/2 the size of Blatta lateralis? how small are the fresh nymphs, do you know?

i am actually very interested in this species. i was starting to raise B. germanica to get a very small roach nymph.

oh yeah, glass walker?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't raise B. lateralis so I don't know. It's a glasswalker, but the furthest they ever climb up the tub I have them in is about a body length...maybe two. Vaseline would keep them in, but I doubt you'd ever have a problem with them getting out.

They're non-infestational and very moisture dependant.

They don't really require a whole lot of heat, but their eggcases are pretty prone to drying out from what I've been told. They don't burrow and usually try to find something to hide under when I disturb them.

I have springtails in there with them to control mold (method I got from Cirith Ungol). I'm currently perfecting their care right now...I'll know more when I get nymphs. They're supposed to be pretty prolific.

The smallest nymphs I had were smaller than friut flies, but I'm not even sure they were freshborns.

I was interested in them because they were prolific, had small nymphs and were non-infestational.

I'll post my findings when I know more. As time goes on, I'll be experimenting with the nymphs as feeders.

Due to their size, coloration and temperment I think these could become an incredibly popular feeder for prospective breeders if they're prolific enough.

Last edited: