Something new... PIX

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There had been a spider-show here around yesterday, got some new additions. Enjoy....

Scytodes spec. ex french-guyane, Macouria Slings:

Peucetia madagascariensis juvis:

Bungholio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice pics indeed! Especially the Peucetia madagascariensis looks interesting!

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are amazing looking spiders. Awesome man, awesome!! :clap:

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the kind words, i´m glad you like the pics.

More pics soon, gotta load them up...

Greetings,

Stefan

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I never seen such a beatiful spider that is the first two pics, interesting. keep them coming from jev to adult-hood.

Woh colorful!!! n1 tee hee.

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
More of ém

Thanks again, now it´s time for some more...

Not only colourful, but quite strange in their behaviour too, they can be kept communally...

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are any shows in the states like that where they have things other than t's and scorps? Spitting and lynx spiders are native to the u.s, but nobody ever can find them! :( Cool pics, though :D

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That´s interesting...

Peter_Parker said:
Are any shows in the states like that where they have things other than t's and scorps? Spitting and lynx spiders are native to the u.s, but nobody ever can find them! :( Cool pics, though :D
Hey,

interesting post, just at the show i talked with the guy who sold me the P. madagascariensis about the market-availability of P. viridans here in europe.
I haven´t seen them offered one single time.

I´d really like to get hold of some species that are native in the US, starting with H. carolinensis, D. tenebrosus to P. viridans and P. audax, P. regius etc...

Maybe somebody of your big, commercial dealers is interested in a trade of "true" spiders, i guess i´d know more than one person over here who might be interested in obtaining that species.

Regards,

Stefan

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
american spiders

Yeah, I'm looking for a few of those species myself (I guess I'm more partial to true spiders than t's). H. carolinensis is easy to get here since a lot of dealers sell them. I would go out and catch some wild spiders, but the season here is short and in the city it's harder to find certain species. I would like to see more true spiders in the mainstream arachnoculture (besides widows and carolinas). Who knows, maybe someday they will start trading between countries on this? Nowadays by the time customs was through with the package (if they even let it threw at all, given the times) anything inside would be long dead :( . Here's to the future, though ;)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
nice pictures Stefan ;)

those spitting thingys are cute as hell :}

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
omg .... 3 words : TOTALLY <EDIT> AWESOME!!! very very nice

Last edited by a moderator:

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks

Steven said:
nice pictures Stefan ;)

those spitting thingys are cute as hell :}
Hi,

thanks!

If you like the outer-appearance of the Scytodes, go take a look for Portia specs... No sweeter spider possible than that guys...

Greetings,

Stefan

Bungholio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! What a beautiful spider! I wish I could care that species! She looks amazing!

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Stefan2209 said:
go take a look for Portia specs... No sweeter spider possible than that guys...
A friend of mine did kept some Portia sp. from Southern Africa a couple of years back,.. will ask if he could post some of the old pictures ;)

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Steven said:
A friend of mine did kept some Portia sp. from Southern Africa a couple of years back,.. will ask if he could post some of the old pictures ;)
That´d be great! I´m also glad to hear, that someone has already kept tem in captivity, that genus is high-up on my hitlist right now...

Greetings,

Stefan

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi,

yeah, i can see it, thanks for that one!!

Any clues if they´re hard to keep alive in captive conditions? Some british scientists studied them in GB, so i guess there has to be some to care for them even in european climate and with european prey-items...

Greetings,

Stefan

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Even more news...

Hey all,

got a little love-letter from switzerland today.

Lycosa tarentula slings, enjoy:

Expecting some more additions tomorrow, this time adult malaysian orange huntsman, watch out!

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Malaysian orange huntsmen

Well, here we go again,

my latest (and last) addition finally arrived today (thanks HW!), two adult malaysian orange huntsmen.

I don´t have any experience with these and so have to resort to the facts i found online about them.

Both seem adult, but one is considerably fatter than the other one. Even from their behaviour they differ a lot from each other. While the slimmer one (see pics) just entered its tank, took a look around and finally found a suitable resting-place, the other one is quite busy with walking and spinning. She has already done more webbing in about 10 minutes than i have seen in other huntsman-spiders over their hole life. I´m quite eager to see if this one will happen to be fertile...