Something I thought was cute...

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My brachypelma boehmei was out and about last night, as she always is, and as I walked by her tank I happened to notice she looked...weird. So, upon closer inspection, I discovered her entire carapace was covered with dirt! Apparently she had just gotten done digging or something and was just filthy. But for some reason, seeing her with dirt on her face was just the cutest thing. Just thought I'd share... {D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is cute when you catch them doing something like that. A couple of days ago I was just standing and watching my juvie female P. cancerides. She was digging a hole in a corner of her house, she would dig up a clump of dirt, pick it up in her pedipalps, and carry it to another corner. The she would carefully place it and pat it down with her front legs. She was being very careful about where she put each dirt clump, it was so adorable!!!!!!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha! One of my Boehmei's is like a kid in a sand box too!!! {D

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I couldn't get any pics of the boehmei doing anything but sitting on her pristine butt and being pretty...
But we did get a good shot of the the Haplopelma being a very dirty girl....
Mwahahahahaha...{D

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Boehmei I bought for my daughter will be here on Tuesday. I am getting the pre-delivery jitters.I hope she has a good personality like yours seems too.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't say mine has a "good" personality lol...She definitely doesn't like my hand anywhere in her personal space or she flicks hairs like crazy. But as far as being a good display T, she's perfect!!! She always comes out in the early morning and evening so I get to see her every day! :D

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's definitely cute. I see a lot of my spiders digging quite often, it's truly a fascinating site to see, and like I said it's adorable. People see spiders in general and tarantulas in particular as "ugly" and the like, but personally I think they're by far some of the cutest animals on the planet, if not the cutest.

Plus, biologically speaking, they're also truly some of the most unique animals on the planet in a variety of ways. How anybody can look at a spider and see anything but sheer amazement and curiosity is completely beyond me. Almost always the people who know absolutely nothing about spiders that hate them, ironically enough.

A bit off topic, but yeah.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is cute when you catch them doing something like that. A couple of days ago I was just standing and watching my juvie female P. cancerides. She was digging a hole in a corner of her house, she would dig up a clump of dirt, pick it up in her pedipalps, and carry it to another corner. The she would carefully place it and pat it down with her front legs. She was being very careful about where she put each dirt clump, it was so adorable!!!!!!
Yeah that's also cute, I see it all the time, particularly with all the g.aureostriata that I care for, as well as with one of my A. chalcodes, an extremely gentle, large female that I named "Biscuit."

For some reason the other a. chalcodes I have don't dig or anything though, or at least not that I've seen, although one has adopted an artificial burrow, webbed the entrance up entirely and stays in there all the time. I only see him/her every few weeks waiting at the entrance, and usually then if I get close he/she turns around and goes deep back into the burrow.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't say mine has a "good" personality lol...She definitely doesn't like my hand anywhere in her personal space or she flicks hairs like crazy. But as far as being a good display T, she's perfect!!! She always comes out in the early morning and evening so I get to see her every day! :D
Virtually all brachypelma species I've come across tend to be major hair kickers. Because of this, personally I don't see why they're considered such docile species, although they usually won't bite and aren't by any means what could be called "aggressive" at all, but still. B. albopilosum is generally extremely docile though from my experiences.

Aphonopelma generally are truly docile species, probably the most docile from what I've seen(except for a. moderatum) Most aphonopelma in my experience never even kick hairs, and show little or no resistance to being handled. Plus they live forever and are among the easiest to care for. Ultimate pet spiders in my opinion. Unfortunately, lots of people pay no attention to them just because most aren't brightly colored or anything. Very rewarding pets though without a doubt.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Virtually all brachypelma species I've come across tend to be major hair kickers. Because of this, personally I don't see why they're considered such docile species, although they usually won't bite and aren't by any means what could be called "aggressive" at all, but still. B. albopilosum is generally extremely docile though from my experiences.

Aphonopelma generally are truly docile species, probably the most docile from what I've seen(except for a. moderatum) Most aphonopelma in my experience never even kick hairs, and show little or no resistance to being handled. Plus they live forever and are among the easiest to care for. Ultimate pet spiders in my opinion. Unfortunately, lots of people pay no attention to them just because most aren't brightly colored or anything. Very rewarding pets though without a doubt.
you dont think A. moderatum is very docile huh? lol
compare them to Carlsbad greens lol

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My brachypelma boehmei was out and about last night, as she always is, and as I walked by her tank I happened to notice she looked...weird. So, upon closer inspection, I discovered her entire carapace was covered with dirt! Apparently she had just gotten done digging or something and was just filthy. But for some reason, seeing her with dirt on her face was just the cutest thing. Just thought I'd share... {D
I just got a 1" H. maculata a couple of days ago, and as soon as I put it in its new container and left it alone, it dug the cutest little burrow. It has continued to work on it and web around the entrance, and now just sits peeking out. It's so cute it's killing me:)!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G. pulchra likes to dig sometimes, but she is always covered in dirt. I think she must roll around in it like a dog when I'm out the room {D

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you dont think A. moderatum is very docile huh? lol
compare them to Carlsbad greens lol
Well yeah, A. moderatum is an exception. Aside from that though, virtually all aphonopelma are pretty docile from my personal experiences. I'm a big fan of aphonopelma, I try to acquire as many as possible.

Never had a carlsbad green though unfortunately. I need one or two(or ten)