Something Funny

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my male crickets got out of the bin I keep them in, made it's way through the wall cracks, and now has camped in the wall right above where my sister's bed is. And she can't stand the chirping sound they make. So she can't sleep. The funny thing is, I didn't even know I had an escapee (there's a lid on the bin). Must have gotten out without me noticing. That, and he migrated two floors, and across the house through the walls.... quite impressive.

Anyone have any estimate how long he'll survive in the wall space? I'll take friendly bets, I'm pretty sure he's been in there for the past two days.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any chance it could be a cricket from outside and not one of yours? As far as how long it can stay there, probably only a couple of days more with no water.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have crix all over my house all the time- I have no idea how they get out, but I suspect there's a colony in my basement!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
death to all crickets lol i hate the evil sods:eek: :eek: :evil: :evil: ---- phil

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The annoying sound of chirping crickets has been constant background noise for me for years now....I dont even notice it anymore....

But, lucky for you, it wont live for too long.....few days, a week tops

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a few escapees one time and i swear they all procreated in my basement and i had a colony living down there for a month. I have a couple holes in my bearded dragon's cage, that i think thecrickets chewed (im not sure if thats possible but that is my theory) and if i put too many in there they escape, my boyfriend found one crawling up his leg in our bed one time, freaked him out really bad. I suppose the cricket was trying to get fresh with us!!!!! :} :}

Last edited:

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just recently had to buy small crix because they were out of the big ones. Most of them got out of the small KK I keep them in and my cats are having the time of their life finding them all over the apartment! :wall: