Something around mouth

Nikt

Arachnopeon
Hi I saw some kind of liquid around chelizeres of one of my T's. I've heard that it can be bacteria infection. How do you think?
I can make a better picture if its necessary.

Regards, Robert.

Nikt

Arachnopeon
IMO that liquid is too white to be a nematode infestation, but I thought about it. The spider is separated, but it was very close to other T's before the problem beginned.
Last time she ate 13th or 15th Nov, if it helps.

THX for your reply :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It kinda looks like poo. We have had Ts with similar white around their mouths and freaked, separated and then later that day/s the white is gone.

How is the T behaving? Does anything else seem to be amiss?

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It kinda looks like poo. We have had Ts with similar white around their mouths and freaked, separated and then later that day/s the white is gone.

How is the T behaving? Does anything else seem to be amiss?
I agree, probably poo or water stains.

Nikt

Arachnopeon
Its behaviour is normal now, it makes web, has no problems with walking, i saw that spider cleaning chelizeres yesterday evening. But this white thing is still there.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then I would just keep an eye on it. The T will display other symptoms if it is the dreaded nematodes. It will have its pedipalps tucked in, stumbling, losing weight/ not eating etc...

I found this thread and Moltar says that a white substance could also be a yeast infection. However, since I have no experience with nematodes, or T yeast infections I think just giving you the link is better.;)