Someone please stop me... (more Ts coming)

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
I ended up buying two 1/4 inch B. albopilosum slings this week and named them both "Peaches" and "Sugar Plum."

All the species I have are technically species I didn't want. Five out of nine specimens I have belong to Brachypelma, and I still don't have my B. smithi yet.

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
I try to control my obsession by only purchasing females and keeping them in nice-ish enclosures. They're expensive and the enclosures take up space so I have to regulate myself. If I allowed myself to start buying slings it would be game over for every other hobby I have.

What I haven't been able to do is keep myself from buying "off list." I have 18 right now (13 of which I purchased) and only six are "on list."

Magenta

Arachnosquire
Consider this: my friend collects (and breeds) horses and has 15 at the moment. Tarantulas are cheaper, MUCH less work and generally a lot easier to keep - and less dangerous, too. A horse can kill you, a T cannot.
We all are the reasonable ones here :angelic:
I don't even want to know what the monthly feed bill is for 15 horses. I'm not involved with horses right now, but when I was just leasing 1 horse, I could easily spend more than what I paid for rent on a vet visit alone. If my husband balks at the price of tarantulas or yarn(which almost never happens) I point out that it's cheaper than horses.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You really should learn about the animal you're collecting like Skittles FIRST before buying so many so soon.

Your OW is going to outgrow your skill level faster than you can learn- all things being equal.

I truly don't understand the rush of new people buying so many so fast.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I decided to get myself a birthday present 5-6 more Ts lol. Although my birthday is not until July, Mothers Day is closer lol.
I figure when you are at a point where you will use any special occasion or excuse to get new Ts your beyond help as well. As I write this post I am thinking hey Easter is in a couple of weeks lol.
Bad I know.
I got my first T almost 2 months ago followed by my second a couple weeks later (two purchases, both for Valentine's day). I am currently awaiting shipment on my birthday present, 4 new slings (plus some new slings for my hubby and kids' birthdays as well :D) and this will most likely be the last T purchase for a LOOOOOONG time until I get more space. But that's ok. Between my 6, my husband's 6, and each of my kids' Ts, I'll have plenty to keep me busy lol.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
You people can't stop nor control the purchase rapture because you can't appreciate the benefits of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her).

After Her? Nothing: it's an abyss that not even R'lyeh, a Steven Seagal annoying movie, the hard air made by the oil used by my Chinese friends in their restaurants and whatnot, and whatnot...so here I need to state again the logic thing:
"do a favor to yourself and to your loved hearthstone, praise the Goddess!" :pompous:
PBUH