Someone please! My Red Claw isn't right!!

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I bought this Red Claw 9 months ago. It hid and would come out at night with the occasional outting in the morning to mid-day. She has never had a problem eating (2-3 medium to large crickets every one to Two weeks. I am not sure if that is straving her or normal but she always eat within 24 hours of it being in there) and she was always active or hiding normally.
Two months ago, I started to notice that it would be laying down flat with its stinger beside it. I thought maybe it was normal since it continued to eat normally and would be active later on in days. My boyfriend (who normally takes care of her and out other reptiles and arthropods) is outta town for a bit and I have been taking more care of her and everyone else. This has been going on about a month (with me taking caren of them).
Now, the last week or so that I have checked on her, she's always clawing at the side of her cage and then falling over and laying on her side before getting back up to claw more. I've noticed this once during mid to late day and they rest at night. I have never seen her act in such a way before.
Is this normal? Do to circumstances I can only talk to him during middays and I'm here at 8:50pm and I won't be able to talk to him til late afternoon tomorrow, so I have no idea what to do.
Also, I am or sure what they are called but the things on the underside that are used to sex (tell male or female) the scoroion isn't right. Her right (in picture left) it is sticking out and I have never seen it. I saw her try to move it back but it got halfway closed and then stayed that way.
She just settled down and is just sitting their defensivly. I don't know what's going on with her but I'm worried and even if it just her being normal, that's fine but I need to know.
I know that are blurry but I added pictures of her clawing and hopefully you can see that thing that I was talking about being out to far then normal. Please help, I worry about Solomon! Boyfriend choose name before I learn to sex them and when we found out she was a girl we choose to just keep name.

Attachments

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
Make sure to give it access to a water bowl, and humidity. And they like to have dirt and something to hide under.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I just looked up Red Claw and they are Red. Mine looks more like an Emeror. When I picked it up, the guy selling it at the pet store said it was Red Claw but I never thought to look up a picture cause I guessed u knew what he was doing. I guess not....

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The specimen looks fine, but the enclosure is completely off. She should have 4" at the very least of moist cocofiber substrate to burrow in. She also needs a hide. She is clawing at the sides and falling because she is trying to find a more suitable place. She needs humidity and deep substrate. A waterdish is also very helpful.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I just looked up Red Claw and they are Red. Mine looks more like an Emeror. When I picked it up, the guy selling it at the pet store said it was Red Claw but I never thought to look up a picture cause I guessed u knew what he was doing. I guess not....
The coloration is not an appropriate way to tell the difference. Some emperors will have red tinted claws, some red claws will not have red claws. Red claws are Pandinus cavimanus and emperors are Pandinus imperator. Unless you extremely lucked out, it's a cavimanus.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
The coloration is not an appropriate way to tell the difference. Some emperors will have red tinted claws, some red claws will not have red claws. Red claws are Pandinus cavimanus and emperors are Pandinus imperator. Unless you extremely lucked out, it's a cavimanus.
See it's pure dark navy blue and looks like a weird mix between Asian forest and Emperor. So I have no idea what it is now.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
The specimen looks fine, but the enclosure is completely off. She should have 4" at the very least of moist cocofiber substrate to burrow in. She also needs a hide. She is clawing at the sides and falling because she is trying to find a more suitable place. She needs humidity and deep substrate. A waterdish is also very helpful.
I will change this immediately. Thank you for helping!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
See it's pure dark navy blue and looks like a weird mix between Asian forest and Emperor. So I have no idea what it is now.
Pictures from the top, and close, macro pictures of the claws will help with that. Coloration of the body is also, not a great way to identify. By the way, "Asian Forest" can refer to any species in the genus Heterometrus, while "Emperor" usually refers to Pandinus imperator, sometimes Pandinus dictator.
I will change this immediately. Thank you for helping!
No problem! :) Also, what are the temps?

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
Pictures from the top, and close, macro pictures of the claws will help with that. Coloration of the body is also, not a great way to identify. By the way, "Asian Forest" can refer to any species in the genus Heterometrus, while "Emperor" usually refers to Pandinus imperator, sometimes Pandinus dictator.

No problem! :) Also, what are the temps?
She is currently in a room with Anastasia and Mr. Jimmy ( costa rica zebra leg and a pink toed tarauntla) and Sammy (vitnemese centipede) and the tempature bounced between 70-75 and the humidity is 75% on most days because that's what her three room mates need and i thought i read somewhere hers was around the same. Do u need to move her to another room where it's lower or higher temp?

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
QUOTE="Gillian Pajor, post: 2543594, member: 116938"]She is currently in a room with Anastasia and Mr. Jimmy ( costa rica zebra leg and a pink toed tarauntla) and Sammy (vitnemese centipede) and the tempature bounced between 70-75 and the humidity is 75% on most days because that's what her three room mates need and i thought i read somewhere hers was around the same. Do u need to move her to another room where it's lower or higher temp?[/QUOTE]
Alo

Also I am at work now but I will get pictures of those for you. I would really like to know what she is. This is a picture of her claws that I had gathered before I left tho

Attachments

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
She is currently in a room with Anastasia and Mr. Jimmy ( costa rica zebra leg and a pink toed tarauntla) and Sammy (vitnemese centipede) and the tempature bounced between 70-75 and the humidity is 75% on most days because that's what her three room mates need and i thought i read somewhere hers was around the same. Do u need to move her to another room where it's lower or higher temp?
Warmer temps would be ideal, but isn't necessary. Temps in the lower to mid 80's well increase all of your inverts' activity and metabolism. It isn't necessary though.
QUOTE="Gillian Pajor, post: 2543594, member: 116938"]She is currently in a room with Anastasia and Mr. Jimmy ( costa rica zebra leg and a pink toed tarauntla) and Sammy (vitnemese centipede) and the tempature bounced between 70-75 and the humidity is 75% on most days because that's what her three room mates need and i thought i read somewhere hers was around the same. Do u need to move her to another room where it's lower or higher temp?
Also I am at work now but I will get pictures of those for you. I would really like to know what she is. This is a picture of her claws that I had gathered before I left tho[/QUOTE]
I'm horrible with ID's, so I won't risk a guess, I'd wait for people more experienced with them to answer.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
M
Warmer temps would be ideal, but isn't necessary. Temps in the lower to mid 80's well increase all of your inverts' activity and metabolism. It isn't necessary though.

Also I am at work now but I will get pictures of those for you. I would really like to know what she is. This is a picture of her claws that I had gathered before I left tho
I'm horrible with ID's, so I won't risk a guess, I'd wait for people more experienced with them to answer.[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend is a snake breeder and has a room of pythons and a red tail boa. Tempature are in the mid 80s and humdidty is around the same. Would moving her there for a bit help her?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
My boyfriend is a snake breeder and has a room of pythons and a red tail boa. Tempature are in the mid 80s and humdidty is around the same. Would moving her there for a bit help her?
Yeah, that'd be great if you could. Don't forget the moist sub for the scorp!

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire

Is this better? I have about 4-4.5 inches, a water fish and some plants around the hide. I'm going to pick up moist most later tonight after work but is she going to be okay I'm this until I get back? And before I had a tissue in her water dish is that not nessicary?? Can she just drink straight water of does she need that filter?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Is this better? I have about 4-4.5 inches, a water fish and some plants around the hide. I'm going to pick up moist most later tonight after work but is she going to be okay I'm this until I get back? And before I had a tissue in her water dish is that not nessicary?? Can she just drink straight water of does she need that filter?
She can drink straight out of the water dish. The substrate itself has to be moist.