someone please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
ok i got a male chillian rose he used to be very nice but all of a sudden turned out to be highly aggresive he built a sperm web and as of right now is highly strung climbing up his walls getting stuck in the screen and then falls i dont want him to get hurt so this worrys me and like i said ive never had problems with him till now i dont know what to do in this situation will he calm down or is he going to die any answers are greatly appreciated ,thanks jason

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

calm down! Many rosea's turn fiesty as they mature! so they all have different moods!

About the rosie falling, that can rupture her abdomen. Are you going to try and breed him? Guys help me out here! :)

Hope this Helps!

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
First off,
You have your answer, at least partially. He has built a sperm web, and now his entire focus in life is finding a female. That accounts for high degree of activity. Try putting more substrate in, so he doesn't fall.
Peace,
Gillian

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
sperm web

i called a petstore all frantic cause im new to this they told me to tear down the sperm web i did it was that a good decision ?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
no!! It was not! Dont listend to petstores! They dont know anything(my expierience's) I mean most of them dont even know what they are talking about!

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
Well, he'll just build another...
Peace,
Gillian

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i figured that

damn well im trying to learn more i hate these damn pet stores they need experienced people to give advice thanks to all of you and another thing i got him in a 20 gal tank with about 2 inch substrate and a heating pad if i add more substrate will the heating pad even work for him?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: sperm web

Originally posted by bodc21
i called a petstore all frantic cause im new to this they told me to tear down the sperm web i did it was that a good decision ?
No, the pet store have no idea at all. It's not going to stop the situation, although you can happily keep adult males wth no problems whatsoever. Have a look at the legspan of your spider, roughly guessing the measurement from the back left leg to the front right leg, stretched out. That's the distance you want between the top of the substrate and the lid of the enclosure. If your container is tall, well you just need to add more substrate, that's all, it's that easy.

Cheers,
Steve

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yep, he's looking for a night on the town. I wouldn't tear down the sperm-web, while it wouldn't hurt anything, it surely won't stop his attempts to get away. Look on the Arachnopersonals or classifieds for someone looking for a male rose hair.. there is usually quite a few there. If you're willing to take a risk, you could wind up with lots of babies from a 50/50 split. Rose hairs do have a reputation for being hard to breed though, but hey, atleast the guy would get a chance to score before he dies of old age.

I trust you know upon maturity MOST males only live a few months. Occasionally one gets a post-ultimate molt, but more often than not, they slow down, and eventually die. All part of the big circle, I suppose.

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Yep, he's looking for a night on the town. I wouldn't tear down the sperm-web, while it wouldn't hurt anything, it surely won't stop his attempts to get away. Look on the Arachnopersonals or classifieds for someone looking for a male rose hair.. there is usually quite a few there. If you're willing to take a risk, you could wind up with lots of babies from a 50/50 split. Rose hairs do have a reputation for being hard to breed though, but hey, atleast the guy would get a chance to score before he dies of old age.

I trust you know upon maturity MOST males only live a few months. Occasionally one gets a post-ultimate molt, but more often than not, they slow down, and eventually die. All part of the big circle, I suppose.

Bill
Bills right on,
Go down to your "bonehead" pet store and buy a mature female rosea. Should be only about $15.00. And breed them. You never know, you may get a eggsac out of the deal.:D

Ernie

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
new substrate

ok i only have enough substrate to add about 2 inchs more at the time tomorrow ill buy a couple more bags october seems to be alot more docile then normal.