someone please help!

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I got home from work this morning and one versicolor is lying on the substrate with its legs drawn in. Its not on its back . It's alive but is just laying there on the groung balling up.It ate a pinhead last night before I went to work. I don't understand why its doing this.Should I try a ICU or what.:?

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes T's do moult on their front side, but that is quite unusual. Are you keeping it at the correct temp/humidity levels?
Any chance of a picture?

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No picture but yes humidity is 80% temp is 80 F. I look now and it may be on its side hard to tell as its so small and in a funny spot.But It should be thriveing my other versicolor is in the same type envorment it ate last night as well and is building a tube web. But this one is just laying there.:?

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are the legs curled underneath the spider or drawn over the spider's carapace?? Has the spider moved at all???

-Jill

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohh and it was fine yesterday ate last night. But since I have been home it has not moved. It took me a while to find it when I got home .It's behind the cork bark on the substrate.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry too much then. The knees over the carapace is more of a defensive position. They do it a lot right after they molt, but sometimes for no reason at all. Maybe it is just comfy like that. Just keep an eye on here today, but I am sure she will be fine.

-Jill

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It appears to be dead.I put it in ICU but it didn't move at all.I will watch it for 24 hours then all hope is lost.I really don't think it will make it.I hope i'm wrong.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sorry to hear it didnt make it:( . unfortunately thats the luck of the draw. every serious collector is going to lose a sling here or there. in the last year ive lost 4. they all died in optimal conditions too. some of them just werent meant to make it i guess. on the bright side you have an excuse to buy a new bug now;) .

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I still have the other versicolor who is doing fine and building a tube web.But I still wish its sibling would make it.It's just luck of the draw.:(

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you have had it less than 24 hrs then you can contact the dealer and they will replace the Versi that you lost.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how much ventilation does the enclosure/vial have? avics do need higher humidity.........but air flow is very important too.
Ed

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I lost my first and only versi s'ling to inadequate ventilation. We give our avics lots of airflow now. The legs still aren't curled under though??

-Jill

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks all but it has passed away.:(

Yea I made sureit had good air flow. It's in the same enclosure as the other versi and A avic. The are both building tube webs.It was just this little fella's number.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats tough,
I lost a versi. the other day myself.
One day it was fine and the next it was the same as yours.
Legs drawn up in what I wouldn't call the standard death curl.
But it was dead as a hammer.
It was about 1/2"..:(

Ernie