Someone on Facebook must dig my wolf spider videos

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have posted a number of videos on youtube and it is always interesting finding out whereabouts on the web people have discovered the videos (through links and embedded players etc) I have noted that a number of times, my wolf spider videos have appeared on Facebook. Unfortunately, I am not on Facebook and I have no idea how to go about searching for the posts / articles there that feature my videos. Though I would be very interested to find out what sort of context the wolf spider videos are used in, and any comments too. Would there be any experienced Facebook users around here who might be able to try and track down the actual Facebook page or pages where the videos are linked and / or embedded?

If it’s of any help, here are links to my wolf spider videos on youtube. The first one, ‘Wolf spider attacks a millipede’ is linked to the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQodHUxLf5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59O3LgS6_N8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXIU9zZmi0

Last edited:

davisfam

Arachnoknight
We both use Facebook quite often and have for the past 6 years although in order to view someone's videos, it usually requires you to become friends with them first which requires a friend request that can either be accepted or denied. We went to our Facebook accounts and searched "Wolf spider attacks a millipede" in our search engines but nothing came up as far as a video posted directly through Facebook from a specific user's account. We'll stay on the look-out and let you know if we come across anything helpful. Sorry, to hear about that.. people can be so damn ignorant and we can almost guarantee it's a younger aged person, it usually always is when it comes to copyright issues and such.. LOL! :rolleyes:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, to hear about that.. people can be so damn ignorant and we can almost guarantee it's a younger aged person
Lol. Yea, what is today's youth coming to!

If say someone posted one of the videos in a blog or something like that, I think that would be cool. And just as interesting to read others' reactions and comments to the posted video. I admit that it can be amusing reading comments from people who are arachnophobic.

revilo

Arachnoknight
hi,

nothing to help, sorry...

...but a compliment for the very nice vids i have to say...

really nice ;)

bye, oli

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My statistics on Flickr say i have some views coming from facebook, i;ve got facebook but when i click on the links it just send me to the "Now leaving facebook" page and back to my photo's lol.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If somebody "likes" your video on youtube, and they have a facebook, then it will list it on their facebook feed as something they like. That's built into YouTube, whether or not you have a facebook isn't relevant.

EDIT: To clarify. They don't need to upload your videos, or claim them as theirs, simply clicking a button on Youtube creates a link on their fb page as something they like. Start by looking through the people who are listed as "liking" your video on youtube.