Someone drop a sac already!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
:banghead:

I thought that I had this patience thing down. Apparently not. I'm waiting on three sacs, and all three of the girls are nice and plump. And yet they all refuse to drop. I've boosted humidity, tried boosting temperatures, and fed them until their hearts were content. I think that it must be an issue of temperatures, so that should be resolved soon.

Until then, I'm stuck looking at morbidly obese tarantulas :shifty:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What species
B. emilia (paired six months ago), E. truculentus (paired five months ago), and C. fimbriatus (paired two-ish months ago).

Oddly, it's the C. fimbriatus that I expect to drop first. She's gotten the largest and has done the most webbing recently.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
B. emilia (paired six months ago), E. truculentus (paired five months ago), and C. fimbriatus (paired two-ish months ago).

Oddly, it's the C. fimbriatus that I expect to drop first. She's gotten the largest and has done the most webbing recently.

Wow that truculentus is huge LOL
I'm in the same boat....2 G.porteri over a year, B. smithi almost a year, H. sp "Columbia" lg 2 months, T. ockerti 1.5 months.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wow that truculentus is huge LOL
I'm in the same boat....2 G.porteri over a year, B. smithi almost a year, H. sp "Columbia" lg 2 months, T. ockerti 1.5 months.
Over a year? I don't think I can wait that long...

cold blood

Staff member
Resized952017021595215031.jpg
I thought these things took only about 2 months to drop a sac lel

Only certain species are fast about it...most are not, and a year isn't out of the question for many species. I have 4 I'm waiting on...2 P. regalis, a vitatta and a striata...although I think the striata may molt....hopefully it does so soon while the male is still in great shape....the other 3 are as fat as I have seen a pokieView media item 38350

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
View attachment 233365

Only certain species are fast about it...most are not, and a year isn't out of the question for many species. I have 4 I'm waiting on...2 P. regalis, a vitatta and a striata...although I think the striata may molt....hopefully it does so soon while the male is still in great shape....the other 3 are as fat as I have seen a pokieView media item 38350
Wow, that male is still kicking it? Yeah, my girl closed up shop for a molt as well. I very much doubt she's gravid, guy didn't get the job done.

patience is a virtue my friend <3 :kiss::D Easy now give the fine ladies some time, in the meantime you can pair up some more T`s. Lol :p:D
Oh, I am. I've got N. incei, C. darlingi, and C. coloratovillosus males waiting to mature :D

louise f

Arachnoangel
Wow, that male is still kicking it? Yeah, my girl closed up shop for a molt as well. I very much doubt she's gravid, guy didn't get the job done.

Oh, I am. I've got N. incei, C. darlingi, and C. coloratovillosus males waiting to mature :D
See that`s the spirit :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
View attachment 233365

I had no idea it took so long for mated Ts to produce egg sacs. Wow! I am now comprehending how I was sold a gravid female..

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Haha, I paired my rosea November of 2015... Lol, not super hopeful anymore but who knows? Good luck with the sacs Eulers!

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
I am waiting on B emilia, T stirmi, P tigrinawesseli. All fat and all three eventually ate their respective males after a few pairings

Also waiting for my subadult male B hamorii (ex smithi) to moult as my adult female is getting edgy :D

creepa

Arachnoknight
Have you tried dropping the temp...??
Cooling down simulates winter and after a few months raising the temp simulates spring...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Have you tried dropping the temp...??
Cooling down simulates winter and after a few months raising the temp simulates spring...
It's just been naturally cool lately. I wouldn't say cold, but it's not common for temps to raise above 75F, much more commonly 70F.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

Wow, those sure are BBW's!
Now how does that saying go again...'be careful what you wish for...' ;)