Somebody Tell the Dark Den to Stop!! (Unless I'm Wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
You insinuated that we had better be nice to you or else you might stop recommending Arachnoboards to your viewers.
I did not, that is you assumption. Read the sentence that comes before the last one, as is intended, and you will maybe figure it out. Or just keep is out of the context to fit your agenda of what kind of person I am :)

@petkokc - just a short note about mold, because that was in the video, too.

If you want to prevent mold from spreading you should NOT blow on it. Mold spores are very light weight and will stay in the air for days. Every air movement, like from walking around, will whirl them further, until they will find their way through the ventilation holes into the next enclosure. If there are mold spores on the tarantula (unlikely, to say the least) just let them be, they have no chance of taking hold.

Mold is generally harmelss but can be annoying, I admit, but blowing on it is about the best way I can think of to spread it everywhere.
Yeah, makes sense, although I was mostly referring to small pieces of dirt with mold on it that were on the actual tarantula.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Good news that the pairing isn’t going ahead. That also disproves a lot of the nasty assumptions about Petko made in the past week or so.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Just because people like my videos I'm not allowed to make mistakes and be human like the rest of you? Are you serious?

@Venom1080 Maybe you aren't as knowledgeable keeper as you think you are if you are shocked about someone using tweezers to hold tarantula by it's carapace. It's something that plenty of breeders are doing when managing their tarantulas.
I have never heard of a reason to do that. Name me one. And blowing mold spores off of it isn't exactly a good reason. :rofl:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Or just keep is out of the context to fit your agenda of what kind of person I am
Agenda?

Your not a victim for receiving criticism on an open public platform, especially when its very well founded. Now when you choose to ignore this criticism and the validity behind it, unless your back is literally against the wall...it gives off a bad impression. At the end of the day, all the "haters" actually had the best intentions in mind.

Now that you have come around, look at the situation for what it is...objectivity goes a long way. For the record, had no one said a thing...I can almost guarantee you would've gone through with your breeding project and never looked back, further muddying up the species. Just some food for thought.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
@petkokc, could you delete some conversations in your inbox? I was reminded that it is full and people cannot contact you via Arachnoboards. It would be beneficial to have some space so people can speak to you if the need or want arises. Apologies if you found this offensive and best of luck to you in tarantula keeping.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Agenda?

Your not a victim for receiving criticism on an open public platform, especially when its very well founded. Now when you choose to ignore this criticism and the validity behind it, unless your back is literally against the wall...it gives off a bad impression. At the end of the day, all the "haters" actually had the best intentions in mind.
Some “criticism” was OTT and nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.