Somebody Tell the Dark Den to Stop!! (Unless I'm Wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The guy is a bad joke with great cameras and editing. Terrible face for the hobby. Why would he care anyway? He likes his views and nothing else.

He plays the victim card whenever he receives criticism. Saying everyone are just jealous jerks who want his following. I would be amazed if he bothered listening to anyone.

@PhilMcWonder see above. You only know the show behind the camera. Which is honestly bad enough for any experienced keeper..

@boina welcome to the dark side. :p
The Dark Den inspires the younger keepers and hurts the experienced keepers. This is the fear of Youtube, when the followers follow the leaders into their own deaths and misguiding's. I'm offended by the influence of youtubers. :banghead:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Off topic: I'm thinking about getting one of these. I know one the forms is considered "fuzzier" than the other and I believe it's the Honduran. Am I right?
For the record I'm not planning on breeding, but if I did I wouldn't hybridize them. That's just dumb.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Not gonna lie, if he hybridize those T.'s I would've walked into the dark den HQ grab the sac and burn it too ashes :dead:. But sadly I don't live in the UK. But right now i'm so mad, "I would literally fight him" if he does breed them (fingers cross he didn't). The fact that he doesn't know the difference in honduran and nicaraguan proves that he's not too updated in the hobby or at least know his stuff. But for real, if he does do it, I would really love to slumpt him out of misery for doing so :mad:. I pray he doesn't do it :angelic:, because he "seems" like a normal guy who would know better.
He doesn't live in the UK either, he lives in Croatia, which is more than 1000 miles away from the UK.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know his actual name? I was planning on just emailing him via phone number since his Facebook and Instagram is most likely swamped by fans. Hopefully it is not something like "Charles White".
I do, but that won't help you find his email address. Pretty sure if you search his videos, you'll find a gmail address you can contact him on.

It's in the description of his videos so you can send fan mail.. His name is Marko Petkovich. What do you mean it is a mystery? :rofl: We share a first name. Let me see if I can work my Marko magic and telepathically stop him :cool:
No h on the end of the surname.

For the record, I like and enjoy a lot of his videos. Wasn't a fan of that tweezer pick up though. He said that's how scientists do it. I don't know any who work with tarantulas to ask, but I'm sceptical. I hope he listens to the feedback people here will offer him.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I tried looking for information but it is all buried under a Croatian footballer and singer with the same name and I am using Bing. I will settle for a letter.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
MOD NOTE

Do not spread personal information on here. It doesn't matter if that information is made available by him in his video descriptions - he can change/delete those, but he can't do that here.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I tried looking for information but it is all buried under a Croatian footballer and singer with the same name and I am using Bing. I will settle for a letter.
Go to his 'About' tab, on his YouTube channel. You can find an email address there.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Imma gonna send him a letter . . . from the U.S. . . . to Croatia. Hopefully it will reach him in time, and he will actually read it.
Yo, edit my quote. Didn't think when I posted it. Might wanna drop his name out of there before a mod makes you.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Is anyone else creeped out by the 'cult' following that some YouTubers have? I find it utterly pathetic tbh. I've recognized some of your comments @boina and @Liquifin and it's saddening that people jump right to his defense like he's some sort of deity. I get it, he has great camera work, his videos are amazing quality wise, etc. but it doesn't mean what he does is 100% right. It's pathetic how many people jump and attack those who try to correct them.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
... but it doesn't mean what he does is 100% right. It's pathetic how many people jump and attack those who try to correct them.
It's partly why I stopped making videos myself. I never had the following he did, but the comments section was absolutely toxic. When other YouTubers got in on it and made videos specifically calling me out, I bailed on the whole thing. Not interested in the drama.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
It's partly why I stopped making videos myself. I never had the following he did, but the comments section was absolutely toxic. When other YouTubers got in on it and made videos specifically calling me out, I bailed on the whole thing. Not interested in the drama.
Honestly, your videos were the only one that were bearable to me, along with Tom Moran's. I'm sorry that you were called out, but we honestly need more people like you making videos and less like him. And for the love of all things tarantula, we don't need fanboys/girls going around protecting their 'deity'.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
TBH it's a understandable wrong doing. Not everyone cares for T.'s perfectly. But if a youtuber followed the guidelines 100% the videos would not be very interesting in any way. Which is why Youtubers like exotics lair and the dark den do what they do. They are not bad people, which in reality they are just normal living humans like everyone else. It's understandable to see why actions and mistakes are like this on youtube. But then again no one is a perfectionists in the hobby. Criticism is a normal ongoing thing to suffer through for any youtuber in this world. No one likes negativity or perfectionists, but then again those comments can help wake up the fantasize dream of being a youtuber.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Except for the hydraulic press channel. I love that.
Or "Does it blend?"

I'm sorry that you were called out, but we honestly need more people like you making videos and less like him. And for the love of all things tarantula, we don't need fanboys/girls going around protecting their 'deity'.
To be clear, I didn't mind people disagreeing with my keeping. There is always something new to learn. But absolute basic aspects of my husbandry were being corrected for what pet stores suggested. And it was happening nearly every video. It gets exhausting.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Eric Bana is dead, long live Eric Bana! :pompous:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Anyway, I want to spend a good word for 'The Dark Den'. He given/give really a lot of visibility to T's, that's a fact I can't deny. An helluva of followers, views, a well played social media use etc now since forever I keep saying that, since here we are dealing with venomous animals (something that is always at a borderline risk) the less visibility, the better. But that's only my opinion :writer:

Status
Not open for further replies.