Somebody Tell the Dark Den to Stop!! (Unless I'm Wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Long story short- Dark Den got a MM B. albopilosum and i'm 100% that its nicaraguan. But hes planning to breed it with his honduran "hobby form" tarantula Annie, Please correct me if i'm wrong but that's a nicaraguan am I right? If so, comment him to don't breed them on the Youtube comments.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
You know Dark Den is around AB, right? He is under user name @petkokc. You can tell him via YouTube comment as well. :angelic:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You know Dark Den is around AB, right? He is under user name @petkokc. You can tell him via YouTube comment as well. :angelic:
He's barely active here on the boards. I already sent the message on Youtube comments. And it seems I'm not the only one posting about it as well on the comment section on Youtube.

cold blood

Staff member
Mold...lol...spores on the tarantula:eek::rofl: omg
Humidity:banghead:

Doesn't know why the mold forms:banghead:

Picking up ts with tweezers:banghead:.

Mold on the tweezers?

Those re housing techniques :banghead:

C'mon, this is a comedy routine, right?

Handling video...well that wasn't very funny.

That MM is a Nicaraguan...our hobby's biggest gift of the last few years...pure Nicaraguan albos....our biggest fears, that people will breed them with hondurans and muddy the pure lines we were given. No wonder why usfs considers all hobby ts as mutts.:sorry:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
We have to stop him. I know people might have criticism on this video. But he doesn't know better (hopefully). I'll be honest, if he hybridizes those T.'s i'm going to hate him forever "literally". What really makes my blood boil is that he and Exotics lair are the face of the T. hobby on youtube. And if Dark Den does it, then everyone else will follow, which is the problem. That's why "WE" Us tarantula hobbyist have to atleast inform him on youtube or here on the boards (but he's rarely online here) to stop.

boina

Lady of the mites
And I used to like and defend him... After this video that's it. @Venom1080 you were right. He's a show off without any real knowledge who does idiotic stuff.

@petkokc - for pities sake, start educating yourself!!! The stuff you told about mold was not only wrong but completely absurd from start to end!!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
It’s been a bit since I’ve watched anything from him, but I’ve always liked his videos. That was a different one to say the least...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I like the dark den
I watch his videos all the time. If you guys have such an issue with him, you can just talk to him :/
Especially if he is on this website.
That's the problem. He's rarely on this site at all. He's more active on instagram and youtube than here.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I like the dark den
I watch his videos all the time. If you guys have such an issue with him, you can just talk to him :/
That's the problem. He's rarely on this site at all. He's more active on instagram and youtube than here.
His last post was almost a year ago and I cannot talk to him since his inbox is full.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I like the dark den
Even if he were active here, he has such a large following on multiple platforms, it's difficult to reach people like that.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
It's always difficult trying to correct a big Youtuber, in any kind of hobby. They're either unable to read all the messages or have an ego that's too inflated to listen. Haven't tried contacting him myself so can't say anything about that. But it's a shame when more well known hobbyists like that are not well informed as it tends to pass on to their viewers/fan base. I'm not a fan personally, he seems like a nice guy and all, but some of the enclosures could be better, some tarantulas need more substrate/hides/water dishes.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Even if he were active here, he has such a large following on multiple platforms, it's difficult to reach people like that.
Not gonna lie, if he hybridize those T.'s I would've walked into the dark den HQ grab the sac and burn it too ashes :dead:. But sadly I don't live in the UK. But right now i'm so mad, "I would literally fight him" if he does breed them (fingers cross he didn't). The fact that he doesn't know the difference in honduran and nicaraguan proves that he's not too updated in the hobby or at least know his stuff. But for real, if he does do it, I would really love to slumpt him out of misery for doing so :mad:. I pray he doesn't do it :angelic:, because he "seems" like a normal guy who would know better.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Out of curiosity, does anybody know his actual name? I was planning on just emailing him via phone number since his Facebook and Instagram is most likely swamped by fans. Hopefully it is not something like "Charles White".

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Out of curiosity, does anybody know his actual name? I was planning on just emailing him via phone number since his Facebook and Instagram is most likely swamped by fans. Hopefully it is not something like "Charles White".
We only know his first name which is Marco, he states it some of his videos. But other than that, its a mystery for the rest of his name.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
We have to stop him. I know people might have criticism on this video. But he doesn't know better (hopefully). I'll be honest, if he hybridizes those T.'s i'm going to hate him forever "literally". What really makes my blood boil is that he and Exotics lair are the face of the T. hobby on youtube. And if Dark Den does it, then everyone else will follow, which is the problem. That's why "WE" Us tarantula hobbyist have to atleast inform him on youtube or here on the boards (but he's rarely online here) to stop.
The guy is a bad joke with great cameras and editing. Terrible face for the hobby. Why would he care anyway? He likes his views and nothing else.

He plays the victim card whenever he receives criticism. Saying everyone are just jealous jerks who want his following. I would be amazed if he bothered listening to anyone.

@PhilMcWonder see above. You only know the show behind the camera. Which is honestly bad enough for any experienced keeper..

@boina welcome to the dark side. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.