Some suggestions for my pics?

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
About a month ago I received a Sony ZV-1 as a gift from my friend. But none of these pics look as nice as some of yall's pics. Any suggestion on ways to improve my photography? Maybe better camera?

Edit: Dunno if this matters but resolution is 5472 × 3648 pixels.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Impossible to know without knowing full specs of others’ cameras, and their technique

example, some people do photo stacking- average person doesn’t know this, and compares their single image to a stack- that’s an impossible comparison

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lighting makes a big difference. Are you using an attached flash with a diffuser or an on camera flash? A lot of photographers shoot in raw file format and post process the images using Lightroom. You have a lot of control over the highlights and shadows, contrast, etc

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Lighting makes a big difference. Are you using an attached flash with a diffuser or an on camera flash? A lot of photographers shoot in raw file format and post process the images using Lightroom. You have a lot of control over the highlights and shadows, contrast, etc
Thanks for the reply. I only use a lamp for lighting and sometimes sunlight. I'll definitely try out Lightroom once I have some free time. Thanks for the suggestion! :happy: