Some scorpion pics

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought I would post some pics of my scorpions.

First off my Hadogenes troglodytes\ Flat Rock Scorpion

Attachments

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my Parabuthus transvaalicus, Androctonus bicolor, and Pandinus imperator.

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice pics. alot of the ones ive seen get blury when you get that close. Cant wait to see more.

biznacho

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Jeremy,

Do you have more than one C.exilicauda? Are you keeping them together?

Your collection seems to mirror mine. I (well, Tamara) have a H.troglodyte, an Opisphathalmus sp., and C.exilicauda. I also have P.transvaalicus and A.bicolor, but you have to substitute H.spinifer in for your P.imperator. What else do you have?

Cheers
Dave

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice collection. How hot and aggressive are the C. exilicaudas?

Bry

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Bry,

In my experience, C.exilicauda are not that agreessive towards each other and really aren't even that agressive towards people. They are more runners than fighters. That being said, venom potency is considered to be quite severe, though not life-threatening for adults.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I had two Centruroides exilicauda together for about a year but one of them just died two weeks ago. I am working on a 30 gallon hexagon Centruroides exilicauda encloser right now. I hope to have it done by mid june and will house a colony of fifteen in it. The only other scorpion have at the moment is a Heterometrus longimanus, but I do hope to get some Hadrurus arizonensis, Hadrurus spadix, Scorpio maurus, and maybe some Centruroides vittatus by the end of may.

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing photo's!
I love the Opistophthalmus. I am hoping to get one in the near future.
What camera do you use to take such good close ups? Is it a regular, slr or digital?
Can't wait to see the rest.

~Richard.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is a digital fugifilm finepix3800, it has a nice macro on it.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lets start part two with the Androctonus bicolor who was not in the mood the photograhed.;) It is missing one of its claws

Attachments

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Time for the evil Parabuthus transvaalicus, who is by far one of my more calm scorpions.

Attachments