Some random pics... DU connections beware

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i love the looks of all your widows....maybe one day ill have the knowledge and experince to own one

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for taking the time to post the awesome pics! :worship:

I love the size of the S. paykulliana! Looks to be larger than the L. pallidus, and almost as large as the Laos sp.! These come in yellow too, right? I've seen pictures of them with white stripes as well. Are those just immature? When do the young start to color up?
Sorry 8 ...meant to reply to this yesterday.
This one was the only really orangish one. The others were much red. Yes, there are yellows, oranges, and supposably all brownish/blacks and some without pigment leaving them with whitish markings.
From what I gather, mine have/had exceptional markings. Ive seen some pics of some with only the "U" and no or little dorsal and side zig-zag.
Quicko google...
http://www.faunalabs.com/photos/a147stp.html
http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/spiders/images/337C10.jpg

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Lately I've made it perfectly clear to my spiders ..my health insurance has run out and if any of you gals bite me.. causing pain, sickness and medical bills ...Ill stop feeding you. And, no more misting, fresh air, boy toys, phone privileges ..nothing. Stuck in a jar, completely ignored by your god. :D
{D {D hahaha!! thanks for the laugh...

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:D

I think some hospitals use Latrodectus antivenom for Steatoda bites. I remember reading a site that talked about Latrodectism in Steatoda bites but I don't remember if it occured or didn't.
Maybe thats what I've read. :? ;)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
From what I gather, mine have/had exceptional markings. Ive seen some pics of some with only the "U" and no or little dorsal and side zig-zag.
Yeah, I've done the google and seen the same things. I had to wonder if some were not paykulliana. I guess they really do have quite a variety, and yours are really nice!!!