buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just some random shots for no particular reason... :D

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some more pics ...

IDiQ? - huge Steatoda male. Probably a grossa fluke...

Shy little L.pallidus princess...

L.bishopi male - expired...

L.mactan giving me some of her super glue...

L.hesperus young adult females about the same size/age. The light one is from selective breeding. the black one is a recent low desert WC...

And another post combined...
Some more pics...

A.tepidariorum feeding on a green worm. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have fed an A.tep one of these ...I just love the effect!

Trying to shoot one of her slings thru the jar ...A.tep slings are the tiniest I have attempted to deal with. Almost impossible to deal with on an individual bases...at least until a few get bigger.

Bishopi sling feeding on a severely pre-damaged cricket...

Attempting to breed a nice brown hesp line. So far so good...

WC hesp from a few nights ago... pretty! hope she doesnt molt all of her glory away...

Speaking of molt... the big black Kukulcania found in the "wastelands" just molted...

My first group of Laos matings have given me NOTHING ...except for this one. She finally decided to give me a sac.

L.menavodi juv

A little "younger" one...

Oh yeah baby! Keep um comin'!...

Pal sling from a different line...

S.paykulliana sling...

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
great pictures man!
whats species is this btw?

i have something very similiar to this living in my room.mine looks almost all black

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, nice pictures. What's up with the super glue? Mine does that too... how does it work? (I haven't gotten a clear view of it.)

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all :cool:

great pictures man!
whats species is this btw?
Steatoda grossa

do you have a ventral pic by any chance?
I looked and I dont think I have a decent ventral pic! :rolleyes: I was actually looking to see if I had any grossa sub-adults pics when we were discussing your borealis shot ID.
On adults there is usually some surfaces with variation but no real markings. ;)

Wow, nice pictures. What's up with the super glue? Mine does that too... how does it work? (I haven't gotten a clear view of it.)
Thats the webbing fluid that they use to snare their prey. Its interesting how they can control the consistency of their webbing like that.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man, buthus, amazing pics and gorgeous specimens! You never let me down...

Buthus, I was wondering if you had slings of this species listed below available or if you would in the future. I'm really interested in these species.

L.pallidus
L sp. Laos
L.bishopi

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
A.tepidariorum feeding on a green worm. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have fed an A.tep one of these ...I just love the effect!
Yeah, "I'm melttiiinnnnggggg....!" {D {D

Great pics as always!:worship:

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Been so busy, havnt had time to think about my bugs except for stressful feeding nights. Heres a few recent pics.

Menavodi male...

Yes, I have sinned now and then... not too much though and never with any end results. But, heres a Laos being charmed by the mvd male...

Bishopi...She mated and produced a few sacs. RIP baby...

Pretty boy mac...

Molting tred...

S.triangulosa... I think she is full grown?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres how Im group feeding some of the species I have been raising ...esp great for species that are less prone to cannibalize.
These are Laos...

One of my oldest hesps feeding on a almost dead Eleodes ...waste not! :p

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are you joking around?

That's an L. bishopi male, so you'd definitely know what you had if you had any! Maybe you're finding a Steatoda or possibly another Latrodectus.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Buthus where in calif are you, im in nrthn, nice display of pic, but you wouldn't see my fingers nearby any of them