Some questions!

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can you overfeed your scorpion? My emp eats like 3-5 crickets per day... most of them he doesn't hunt but i put in the cage and they happen to go by his mouth so he grabs them! Is this too much?

Also

Is aggressiveness hereditary? If i mate 2 aggressive emperors or 2 aggressive red claws does the aggressive gene pass on to most there offspring? I was just wondering..

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, aggressiveness is actually contained in the fourth branch of the Y chromosome, which fortunately has a high propencity for being passed on, especially through the maternal bloodline, so if possible find TWO aggressive lesbian females to breed. This will ensure optimal agressiveness in your baby scorpions.

You are in luck my friend, with those 2 killer specimens you have on your hands youll be breeding 2 foot long fire breathing machines of death in no time. But just don't breed too many of them, you might have too many babies then.

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, aggressiveness is actually contained in the fourth branch of the Y chromosome, which fortunately has a high propencity for being passed on, especially through the maternal bloodline, so if possible find TWO aggressive lesbian females to breed. This will ensure optimal agressiveness in your baby scorpions.

You are in luck my friend, with those 2 killer specimens you have on your hands youll be breeding 2 foot long fire breathing machines of death in no time. But just don't breed too many of them, you might have too many babies then.
2 lesbians? Why males are not prone to being aggressive? I am speaking in terms of if you have babies and choose the 2 most aggressive ones(1 male and 1 female) would they not create the most diabolical babies:evil: ?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have not seen an aggressive scorpion. What do you mean by aggressive?

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ones that do not run from prey, but always choose to go in head first no matter how the outcome seems. Just aggressive.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ones that do not run from prey, but always choose to go in head first no matter how the outcome seems. Just aggressive.
any scorpion is aggressive when hungry. You will never see one that stays angry all the time. As soon as you fatten them up. They will just stay in 1 spot like every other scorpion out there.:D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go breed pitbulls or something if you're looking for aggressiveness. I almost wish your entire account and posting history was some sort of gimmick, but i fear it's not.

Where are you from anyways? :?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
any scorpion is aggressive when hungry. You will never see one that stays angry all the time. As soon as you fatten them up. They will just stay in 1 spot like every other scorpion out there.:D
Exactly. A scorpion is designed to spend most (up to 97% according to Polis) of its life in an inactive state. They are opportunistic predators more than anything, preferring to spend most of their time in their hide/burrow, waiting for the next meal to stumble upon them.

you might want to consider some other type of animal to keep (seriously) if you're looking for something aggressive and constantly active.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek:
Erm...do u keep scorpions because they are interesting to watch and observe or do u keep them because they are down right mean, nasty piece of psychoatic badass :?

If u choose the latter, guess u better not keep scorpions then...
Please give them a decent home and a decent life and spare them the stress that they do not need :)

TQ

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
seriously sycjoco theres a lot for you to learn about scorp's if you have any serious questions then post on here then every one would be willing to help you out if not dont bother and if you cant find what your looking for on here then google it.