Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some pics (updates)

Here's my Avicularia aurantiaca. I got it as a 1/4" sling

Last edited:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my favorite of the spiders I own. My female Phormictopus. She's about 5".

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
N. coloratovillosus has become one of my favorite Ts. Fast growing, gorgeous, feisty but manageable attitude - just love mine. Nice to see other people with this great T.

Hoping my little P. cancerides sling turns out female like yours as well.

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I like your taste in spiders. I really like the genus Phormictopus. My female P. cancerides is definitely on my " wouldn't part with it" list.

John

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys,
I was going to post a pic of my P.smithi but the batteries of the digital camera I borrowed died. I'll give the batteries a rest. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze some life out of it and post the pics later.

That Phormictopus just looks better with every molt. She has some nice purple highlights. The Nhandu is looking better than my A.geniculata of the same size. They really are fiesty. It rarely kicks hair, but easily rears up when annoyed.
Mike

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is the Poecilotheria smithi pic. It still has a way to go before adults colors show up. It's about 3"

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The quality of some of the pics aren't that great. The camera I was using was acting up. This is as good as the get until I own a quality camera of my own.
Mike

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where on earth did you acquire a P. smithi and (if you don't mind me asking) what did you pay for it?

Atrax

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey Atrax,
I got that smithi from Tommyspiders. I'm hoping I can get some more of those. I would give you a price but it brings back bad memories:) .
P.S I also have a P.penderseni
Mike

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful bunch you have there.
Our N. coloratovillosus is about an inch now ( yay) and we can't wait till it gets some more size.
But the markings are starting to show up real nice already.

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have awesome spiders, dude. That's a great collection.

How bis is your H_hercules?

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks.
The hercules is about 1.5". I never see him. It's always in its very elaborate burrow. I use fishing line to get him to come up to the surface. I run the line across the top of the dirt near his burrow entrance. He comes up thinking its food. He gets a reward for coming up (Nice fat cricket).
Mike

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
Hey Atrax,
I got that smithi from Tommyspiders. I'm hoping I can get some more of those. I would give you a price but it brings back bad memories:) .
P.S I also have a P.penderseni
Mike
I can imagine about the bad memories but still, what an awesome pokie to have. Now that I think about it, I really can't even recall having ever seen one listed anywhere for sale. That's a rare pokie you got there. I'm guessing it came from a European bloodline? I'd love to see more pics as it grows up. Same with the P. pederseni. PLease keep updating?
I'm not familiar with Tommyspiders. Do they have an on-line pricelist?
If you came across any more available P. smithi, and if you don't mind, please pm me to let me know. :)

Thanks.

Atrax

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey Atrax,
Tommy is actually a breeder. He doesn't have a website. He always has a table at the reptile shows here in the area. Two shows I know he attends are the NY metro reptile show and the Penn Hamburg show. I don't know what bloodline it's from, but I'm sure it's euro. I'll pm you if he has any smithis for sale.
Mike

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Our N. coloratovillosus is about an inch now ( yay) and we can't wait till it gets some more size.
You won't be waiting long. I got mine last June when she was about 1.25", she's now at least 5", she's the fastest grower in my collection.