Some Pics

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They're nice pedes no doubt, but the clearly deliberately enhanced color saturation makes me laugh

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If that's the case then all the previous jewel photos have been altered. Just flash saturation IMO.

Jurgen, any matings?

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!

Yes its the flashlight.
Here is a picture without flash and it looks like also very nice!

I have young from Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans red leg.
To mate the jewels i need more time ;)

Regards
Jürgen

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jurgen, i just sent you a pm in regard for permission to use some of your pictures.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If that's the case then all the previous jewel photos have been altered. Just flash saturation IMO.

Jurgen, any matings?
Considering I have been a photographer for the better part of 3 years now I think I am suitably placed to see the difference between saturation caused by flash and saturation done in post processing. For a quick comparison just look at the other jewel pics at the top of this page. Of course, you could say I'm jealous and it's just a case of sour grapes...that's up to you, I've made my point.

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Long Time ago but i am still alive ;)

Scolopendra viridicornis

Regards
Jürgen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It turned out to be viridicornis? How long is it now? I notice plings of viridicornis are usually strongly banded. Not something to go by I guess but at least I see it as a good clue. It also is strange to me how some viridicornis have very thick terminals but some have very thin terminals. I know not something to go by again but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more ID news about the S. amer pedes coming in the future.

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello!

This specimen have ~ 12-15 cm.

Here is a picture from Tergite 21.

could you see the "Mediankiel" ?
This is a big difference to S.galapagoensis or other pedes and only S.viridicornis have it in this form!
They are from North-Peru.

Will post a picture from a pling!

regards
Jürgen

---------- Post added 08-29-2013 at 09:32 AM ----------

Hey!

Here is the pic from one of the Plings.

regards
Jürgen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I could see it even in the pling, sometimes I wonder if there are more than one sps that have this feature but that we just don't know yet. Did an adult you have have babies or did you order the pling by itself? It still looks nice and healthy since you first posted a pic of it.

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!

We dont know much more from these great animals i think :)
I got some of these pedes from my german Friend Christian, not breed it by myself!

We will see what happen if they grow up to an bigger size!

Will keep you updated!

regards
Jürgen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What are you doing eating hardwickei! I wonder what a fried galapagoensis/gigantea would taste like in a hot dog bun. Hey thanks for the pics, it's seems to be "pedering" out in this section haha. btw, I'm getting skeptical about that median keel bing used it to ID. I had some baby Sc. galapagoensis and for most of them it is completely smooth on that last tergite. But a couple of them show a tiny bit of some development of a keel like that on the last tergite. A very sharp keel like on that one. But on other viridicornis the keel looks wide and flat, more like a bar. It's confusing and I don't know what think anymore. I also sent two young galapagoensis specimens off to a scientist that specializes in these things and he said it looked more like Sc. gigantea than galapagoensis to him. But he said he didn't have time to look at them thoroughly.

Yutaka

Arachnopeon
Good collection!!
I want to Scolopendra gigantea so...lucky you!!
Iwish I were you.

By the way...please show me your layout of gigantea’s cage.
I would like to use reference of breeding my S.dehaani.