User Tarantula Pictures by Stracs-arachs

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Blondi....

Yeah man she's awesome. :cool: I am growing and hopefully will be starting a breeding room in my house (possibly my basement). My website is in the works and also breeding projects with other dealers as well. Scott keep up the good work up there and keep in touch!

Thank you ...........strac

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Is your P. lugardi gravid? It is very large!
Beautiful pics and spiders by the way!

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P.Lugardi

Thank you, no she isnt gravid from what I know , I do know she eats like a machine!!

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is my female after her molt las night.....and this is her and the male together. I lifted up her log and found them like this....... Sometimes they hangout underneath it.

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is my daughter (ashley)........ my "arachnid assistant" with the recently molt of my female pokie. She always asked me when we are in my T room ........is this the one that spray's hairs daddy?? She was in the room one day when my B.smithi decided to kick off all the hairs he had........ directly into my face..... :eek: LOL !! So she saw me itching a little so she decided she needed to itch as well.....pretty funny!! LOL

Anyway here is the pics....Oh yeah there is one pic of my longipedum in there as well!! I love that T.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Your P. regalis is gorgeous? Did you raise the two from slings? If so how long did it take them to reach that size?
That is a great pic of the male and female together!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Crikey you had my heart pounding there for a second S.a.! I saw a little girl having a large pokie on her... Luckily I saw the famous ten holes and "the abdomen" 2 seconds later or I would have been shouting my sore throat out :rolleyes:

Well now, 1 min later I'm laughing again :D

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stracs-arachs said:
Here is my daughter (ashley)........ my "arachnid assistant" with the recently molt of my female pokie. She always asked me when we are in my T room ........is this the one that spray's hairs daddy?? She was in the room one day when my B.smithi decided to kick off all the hairs he had........ directly into my face..... :eek: LOL !! So she saw me itching a little so she decided she needed to itch as well.....pretty funny!! LOL
Great pics, and the kid sure is cute.
She doesn't look worried at all! ;)

Is she showing an interest in animals all together? The platform sure seems right.

I've got a baby brother (seven years of age) who loves all of my animals. He's genuinely interested in all of them and we have lots of incredibly rewarding (for me, I tell you) conversations about them.

I think you have an aspirant there. :D

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think...

Nice pics...

Im newbie with Tarantulas but I have read in the Scorpions forum, that Children react in different way when they are bitten, I do not know if bites are more dangerous to childrens than to adults.

Im asking because your daugther is so cute, I dont wanna hear your T's bites her... :8o

Marcelo

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Marcelo said:
Nice pics...

Im newbie with Tarantulas but I have read in the Scorpions forum, that Children react in different way when they are bitten, I do not know if bites are more dangerous to childrens than to adults.

Im asking because your daugther is so cute, I dont wanna hear your T's bites her... :8o
Moults are not very prone to biting.... ;)

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
Marcelo said:
An adult pokie bite on a child could have very serious consequences. But as OM said...

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pokie....

Ok lets get something straight right off the bat here.....I would never place my daughter in harms way with any of my T's .....I barely let her go near the rosea's when I have them out. Yes Im sure it was shocking to see an 8" regalis on a three year olds shoulder but ............it was a moult and thats it!!!! She is outstandingly smart and is very curious about my hobby. I try to teach her as much as I can and get her involved as much as possible....again she is 3 but she does enjoy helping me and learning about each T. She has even helped me with a classroom lecture at my wife's school which she thought was awesome....helping daddy in front of older kids. All I can say is that she will be typing on these boards someday .....Im sure of it!

:embarrassed: Also the bite from a regalis involving a child can be very serious, then again the bite from a regalis on an adult is serious...... :embarrassed:

Many have said it on these boards and now I will say it....yes T's are awesome and great, but they must be treated with respect.....lots of respect. Remember to research before entering into new species and always be on the defensive when dealing with a potent T.

I also like to check the BITE board as a reminder too !!! :eek:

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
People need to read the post, and notice the lack of an abdomen. Open your eyes.

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As a habit, I check pictures then read the posts, and that habit combined with an insane lack of sleep led the phrase "holy crap" to my mind at first, haha. Very nice pictures! I have considered getting a pokie, but simply put...I have no money :wall:

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
Stracs-arachs said:
Ok lets get something straight right off the bat here.....I would never place my daughter in harms way with any of my T's .....I barely let her go near the rosea's when I have them out. Yes Im sure it was shocking to see an 8" regalis on a three year olds shoulder but ............it was a moult and thats it!!!! She is outstandingly smart and is very curious about my hobby. I try to teach her as much as I can and get her involved as much as possible....again she is 3 but she does enjoy helping me and learning about each T. She has even helped me with a classroom lecture at my wife's school which she thought was awesome....helping daddy in front of older kids. All I can say is that she will be typing on these boards someday .....Im sure of it!

:embarrassed: Also the bite from a regalis involving a child can be very serious, then again the bite from a regalis on an adult is serious...... :embarrassed:

Many have said it on these boards and now I will say it....yes T's are awesome and great, but they must be treated with respect.....lots of respect. Remember to research before entering into new species and always be on the defensive when dealing with a potent T.

I also like to check the BITE board as a reminder too !!! :eek:

If you were reacting to my posts, I've said it all in the first one. That it took me a few seconds to realize what was going on. I'm fine with what you've done. Why wouldn't I. I just got an initial jolt. :D I have no reason to believe that you don't know what you are doing and that you say you don't even let your 3 year old near the rosea is a very responsible thing to do im my view.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
waw nice couple u have....once i tried the same thing but the male finished as breskfast after 3 days.....any hope for an eggsac?

Aaron

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AWESOME pics - thanks so much for sharing! Your P. regalis(es) are both beautiful - the female sure is one heck of a beauty! :drool:

And your daughter is gorgeous! It's awesome that she shows interest in your hobby.

Hope you get lots of babies from the happy couple. :D

---
Wendy
---

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I couldn't believe my eyes for a moment, I thought that darling little girl had a Pokie that was throwing a fit in the crook of her arm. That is an amazing picture of Pokies cohabiting