Some of my T's

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry everyone, I got a little picture happy. I borrowed a DC. BTW how do I post multiple pics on a thread.
Mike

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks, I'm surprised she stood still for that one. She's a little jumpy.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hah there's nothing wrong being a picture happy person.... keep on posting pictures and I think you can't post multiple pictures on a thread. By the way.. that's a small tarantulas eating a fat cricket :)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Lasiodora,
Great pics! You have some very healthy t's! Btw, I agree; there are no such thing as too many pics. I have a dc, however, it has no macro. I'm going to have a go at pics tomorrow.

Peace,
Gillian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
digi cams are way fun! I probably post more pics than anyone here...so keep it up... I also love looking at other people's pics!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
hah there's nothing wrong being a picture happy person.... keep on posting pictures and I think you can't post multiple pictures on a thread. By the way.. that's a small tarantulas eating a fat cricket :)
Once my slings get to 1-2" I feed 'em adult crickets. They have no trouble taking them down. The smaller crickets just aren't doing it for them.:D
Mike

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
N.coloratovillosm
These really are neat looking tarantulas. They remind me of genics, but with more white on the legs. What kind of tarantuality?

Big Dragonfly

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've seen numerous people handle them and I have heard others saying theirs were docile. HOWEVER, I have 2 of them and out of 87 T's they have to be in my top 5 not to handle list. We call the female "The Truth" because as Jack Nicholson says, " You can't handle the truth".

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
I've seen numerous people handle them and I have heard others saying theirs were docile. HOWEVER, I have 2 of them and out of 87 T's they have to be in my top 5 not to handle list. We call the female "The Truth" because as Jack Nicholson says, " You can't handle the truth".
:eek: You have 87 t's?:eek:

How much time do you spend with them a day?
What is your staple food? Crickets?

Big Dragonfly

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
These really are neat looking tarantulas. They remind me of genics, but with more white on the legs. What kind of tarantuality?

Big Dragonfly
I believe their common name is blazil black and white banded leg. I like it's pattern a little more than my genic. They are very fuzzy and have a little bit of red hairs on their abdomin. The lighting in my room didn't let me catch that in the pic.
Mike

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
:eek: You have 87 t's?:eek:

How much time do you spend with them a day?
What is your staple food? Crickets?

Big Dragonfly
There are people on this board with more T's than me ( I know a couple of them personally). They don't require too much time. I check water dishes daily, but (other than spiderlings) they surely don't require much daily attention. I try to vary their diets as much as possible with pinkies or roaches,but I use alot of crickets. Also, understand that I'll buy several slings and sell or trade excess when they are larger.

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They used to be Brasilopelma coloratovillosum, they're now Nhandu coloratovillosus (gotta get those Latin genders agreeing ;)), common name is just Brazilian Black and White - other than country, common names are limited to three words by convention.

I have a young female (knock, knock, knock) and I definitely would not try to handle her. She is the only one of my Ts that's ever given me a threat display. I've been working on teaching/desensitising her to take food from tongs. Sometimes she will leap up and grap the cricket on the tongs while it's still inches above the ground - a fairly aggressive little girl that I don't need any closer to my fingers than necessary.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I believe I'm somewhere in the 85-90 range myself ;)
It doesn't take all that long either.
That is one T I don't have, however....but I'm sure at some point I will get one :)