some NICE aussie pedes :)

richoman3

Arachnosquire
hey guys,
here are some of the pedes i own
all australian as most of you know in australia you can only keep native inverts/reptiles.
Here is some of the Best australia has to offer :clap:
( a few of you may know heinrich?. most of these are his pedes ive bought off him after him leaving the australian hobby, the rest ive caught myself, ill put H next to the ones that were formerly heinrich's :) )

Red Scolopendra Morsitans (H)

Tiger Ethmostigmus Rubripes

Green Ethmostigmus Rubripes

Kurunda Ethmostigmus Rubripes (H)

Cormocephalus brachycerus

Scolopendra Morsitans (H)

Scolopendra Laeta (H) (small but stunning pede, hard to get pics of!)

Rhysida Nuda bubs (H)

Tiger Ethmostigmus Rubripes bubs (H)

Arthrorhabdus mjobergi (H) (very small and rare pede, only 1 in the hobby)

Green/blue 'gummy' Scolopendra Morsitans (H) (very small and rare, 2 found)
1., unfortunately this died the other day :(

Unbanded Orange Scolopendra morsitans (H) (rare, only 2 found)

Scolopendra Morsitans (H)

Lastly, Cormocephalus Aurantiipes, which i find near me :)

As you can see Scolopendra Morsitans varies ALOT. im getting a yellow and black one soon so im very happy :)

Enjoy!

Nick...

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sweet pics and nice collection. Some of those morsitans are sick looking. :D

I reallllllly want the first one. haha

ophiophagus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cool! Excellent collection as well. I've seen mortisans before but I think this is the first time I've seen Aussie specimens. I had no idea the were that many variants. Those green/blue morph are awesome. Great post:clap::clap:

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the Aussie pedes! My favourite has to be laet, I have seen some crazy pictures of them on flickr. Thanks for sharing, Oz always has the best stuff :D

richoman3

Arachnosquire
thank you guys :)
ill get some more pics of new arrivals in the coming weeks !, so stay tuned to this thread :D (will edit photos into the first post :) )

laeta are very nice pedes, jet black body with red stripes and usually sky blue legs, magnificent pedes :).
im sure there is still more pedes in australia that havnt been found yet, alot of unresearched spots, and we are not allowed to collect in Northern Territory or Western Australia where most of the good pedes are!!

Athelas

Arachnopeon
Very nice collection! I particularly like the red S. morsitans. Very pretty pede!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in animal behavior? Visit The Birds and the Bees: Things you were
afraid to ask about the secret lives of animals. http://bird-n-bee.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
thank you guys :)
ill get some more pics of new arrivals in the coming weeks !, so stay tuned to this thread
For sure...looking forward to it. Not too many 'pede lovers from Oz here on the boards. Thanks for putting these up!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those were interesting. Hey I saw a vid of an aussie some years ago, it looked to be around 6 inches, not much color, are there many sps that get that big there, or does the size tell you what it prob was?

sloppy

Arachnopeon
Lovely collection there! I've been meaning to get some pedes one of these days... But, seriously, those are some gorgeous pedes.

richoman3

Arachnosquire
Those were interesting. Hey I saw a vid of an aussie some years ago, it looked to be around 6 inches, not much color, are there many sps that get that big there, or does the size tell you what it prob was?
sounds like Ethmostigmus rubripes... what colour was it?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pics, I love the S. morsitans and many different variants, lucky you have some nice pedes in your own backyard.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have some gorgeous pedes!!!! I LOVE blue legs on a centipede. Congrats on having so many rare species, too!

(and I just want to point out that: In post-count #1492, Venom posted about pede-legs blue.. {D"