Some new pics of my pedes

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well shucks I got to shrink the others some more before I can show them. Sorry I tried, this new cam takes really big pics.:(

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, that's a nice pic of your Trachycormocephalus sp. anyhow. I really miss mine. I need to pick up a couple I think very soon. :)

Atrax

skolopender

Arachnopeon
that's really unfair as i never (!) see my pedes (one of my morsitans i didn't saw for nearly 4 months...) - so pic's arn't possible at all.... :8o

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most of mine burrow under their water bowls so when I take it out to clean and refill then I see them.

Hey Atrax- yes I tell you Daigon is so pretty, I don't see how you haven't gotten a new one yet. But I think you have been building up your T. collection haven't ya?

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, question on taxonomy.

Somebody (I can't remember who) referred to that as a Trachycormocephalus sp.

Well, to me, it just looks like your average scolopendra.

So, is it in order Scolopendramorpha?

And if so, what is the difference between genus Scolopendra and genus Trachycormocephalus?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by whoami?
Okay, question on taxonomy.

Somebody (I can't remember who) referred to that as a Trachycormocephalus sp.

Well, to me, it just looks like your average scolopendra.

So, is it in order Scolopendramorpha?

And if so, what is the difference between genus Scolopendra and genus Trachycormocephalus?
It's not in the genus Scolopendra. I don't know specifically what put it in the genus Trachycormocephalus (I could find out though) but generally, it's anatomical structure is what determines it's genus. (I'm sure you know that) Like the number of legs, spiracles, antennal segments, as well as the structure of the terminal legs etc. etc..

Atrax

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Most of mine burrow under their water bowls so when I take it out to clean and refill then I see them.

Hey Atrax- yes I tell you Daigon is so pretty, I don't see how you haven't gotten a new one yet. But I think you have been building up your T. collection haven't ya?
Yeah, I gotta alternate purchases I guess. :) Next order will be all about the pedes. (and you know you'll hear about it too. :D )

See ya.

Atrax