Some new pics of my centipedes

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been on vacation and bought a new camera. Here are 8 of my 16 pedes!

My Alipes sp, wannabe rattlesnake

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scolopendra sp, My tanzanian yellowleg. I'm sorry about the quality of that pic.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans, I've got one more mutilans but it was hiding

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scolopendra subspinipes, my red queen. Does anyone know if this is a De hanni?

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics and pedes you got there.

I love the colors on that first picture, He kinda looks stripy blue.

I only have the 1 pede up to now - S cingulata - how big is the one you have?

Mine was only a few inches last time I saw him (about a month ago) he has stayed hidden for ages now. Any idea how often your guy molts?

anyways, nice pics,

Stu.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Stu and thank's!

I usually don't see my cingulata as well. He/she stays hidden most of the time. It only comes out at night and is a rather picky feeder and only eats when it "hungry". Most of my other pedes eat anything that moves. It's about 4,5" and has been rather fastgrowing.

I was in Greece last week on vacation and found a really beautiful Cingulata, about 3". It's orange with green legs and blue anteenas and rear legs. I found som cingulata plings as well. It'll be fun to see them grow.

Cheers!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey those are cool!I just got my first vietnamese giant about 3 days ago.It`s around 8 inches the guy told me they get eighteen inches but i figured he was not telling the truth so i`d appreciate it if some one could tell me how big they really get.

Thanks,

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by aftershock
Scolopendra subspinipes, my red queen. Does anyone know if this is a De hanni?
Hi Aftershock. Excellent looking pede's you have there. The one with red-tipped legs isn't what they sell as dehaani here. My dehaani has a more uniform coloring on the legs in a candy-apple color. Here's some pics in this link...

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3131&highlight=dehaani

I also have one like your's in the pic. I love them both though.

See ya.

Atrax

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by spider
Hey those are cool!I just got my first vietnamese giant about 3 days ago.It`s around 8 inches the guy told me they get eighteen inches but i figured he was not telling the truth so i`d appreciate it if some one could tell me how big they really get.
Thanks,
LOL! If it's a Vietnamese S. subspinipes, average full grown size is probably in the 8"-9" range but 10"+ is certainly possible but somewhat uncommon. 18"?! Whoever told you that needs to lay off the horror movies. ;)

Atrax

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Atrax! Yes it's a really nice pede. It's beautiful and along with my Peruvian giant the most aggresive and the fast centipede I've ever seen. a real MONSTER...
=D

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
that Peruvian giant of yours just looks like mine, maybe little sisters or brothers :D ;)

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great looking pedes!!!! They all look really healthy and in great shape. Question.......how big is your Tanz. Yellow leg?

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Aggro! Thank's! I quess they are healthy and in a good shape. They feed well and they've had no problems molting, so far...

My tanz. yellowleg is about 5,5-6". I rarely see him/her but it likes to take a chew at my forceps if disturbed. :)