Some new Grammostola

The dragon slayer

Arachnopeon
Congrats on the new additions @The Spider House.. Funny enough I was supposed to be purchasing a G. Grossa the very same as yours sexed female but the seller apparently changed her mind about selling it and has ignored my messages ever since despite me offering £150 for it? :shifty:so you must have deep pockets my friend :lol: lovely Ts

LailaQ

Arachnosquire
They are all lovely! My dream T is apparently the G rosea “Chilean flame”. And when I say dream, I mean pipe dream. ‘Cause they’re rarer than a frog fart. 😬 Gorgeous collection, @The Spider House

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are all lovely! My dream T is apparently the G rosea “Chilean flame”. And when I say dream, I mean pipe dream. ‘Cause they’re rarer than a frog fart. 😬 Gorgeous collection, @The Spider House
Grammostola rosea is not rarer than any of does other Grammys. G. rosea has been around along long time. Grammostola sp. “Northern Type” and Grammostola sp. “Concepción” are much more rarer.

LailaQ

Arachnosquire
Grammostola rosea is not rarer than any of does other Grammys. G. rosea has been around along long time. Grammostola sp. “Northern Type” and Grammostola sp. “Concepción” are much more rarer.
LOL. Sorry; apparently, I wasn’t clear enough: I have been in this hobby for a year and a half, and in that time, have seen exactly 1 decently sized G rosea (red color form) available for sale. I was unable to purchase it because someone beat me to it. I broke down and now have a 1/3” sling—which looks like a generic tarantula sling.

I’m saying that finding an available-for-me 2-3” RED COLOR FORM Grammostola rosea is rarer than a frog fart. In the US, we aren’t able to get ahold of the Chilean species as much anymore, thanks to Chile closing it’s important borders. (I’m specifying “rosea” because AFAIK, the “porteri” is still referring to the sub/species that has a grey body with a pink carapace... unless that species-specific renaming and revision stuff has already happened and I don’t know about it yet?) Hope that clears my reply up?
L

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL. Sorry; apparently, I wasn’t clear enough: I have been in this hobby for a year and a half, and in that time, have seen exactly 1 decently sized G rosea (red color form) available for sale. I was unable to purchase it because someone beat me to it. I broke down and now have a 1/3” sling—which looks like a generic tarantula sling.

I’m saying that finding an available-for-me 2-3” RED COLOR FORM Grammostola rosea is rarer than a frog fart. In the US, we aren’t able to get ahold of the Chilean species as much anymore, thanks to Chile closing it’s important borders. (I’m specifying “rosea” because AFAIK, the “porteri” is still referring to the sub/species that has a grey body with a pink carapace... unless that species-specific renaming and revision stuff has already happened and I don’t know about it yet?) Hope that clears my reply up?
L
Here in the U.S they are available. It’s finding the right source to get it from. I recently had three adults of them. I’m down to one. Just keep asking around and you’ll eventually find one.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
unless that species-specific renaming and revision stuff has already happened and I don’t know about it yet?
That's a very important subject, imo.
Like I always say, even though G. porteri is still a valid species name, which is in the catalog and all, in pet trade, what we have as G. porteri was G. rosea before. Then, someone, out of the blue, changed its species name.

Here's the thing, though. There aren't any new revision articles. How can one change a species name in pet trade without a revision? Hahaha.
Worst thing is, it spread so fast that now, people think a revision is needed to prove the opposite, when in fact, they should never be named G. porteri. Hahaha.

The dragon slayer

Arachnopeon
Here in the U.S they are available. It’s finding the right source to get it from. I recently had three adults of them. I’m down to one. Just keep asking around and you’ll eventually find one.
It's much the same in the UK they are available but now much harder to find - a few years back they were common place and relatively cheap being one of the most well known tarantulas available.
Jump forward a few years they are now hard to find but they do come up now and then - here's the difference people that have had them a number of years are now selling them on but without realising the value has now gone up so unscrupulous so called 'hobbiests' buy them up very cheaply then put more than double on top to cash in on this new found desire for 'roseas' not to mention the odd person who's lucky enough to have a 'rcf' or 'maule' and so on - not realising what they have sell it on for next to nothing for the buyer(who never had any intentions of keeping it) to be making a massive cash mark up by selling on-
IMAO this sort of thing is ruining the hobby as its taking the ability to own such Ts out of the average true hobbiest hands by greedy grabbing people who have little interest in anything other than making money, I also believe this is the reason some people want to breed these it's not for the love of it its to make money, sorry for the rant but I find this side of tarantula keeping infuriating - I'm in it for the love of the Ts and would like to see rare species more available to everyone not just those who want to fill there pockets:depressed: