Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haplopelma albostriatum:

Mature Male Poecilotheria fasciata:

Poecilotheria subfusca:

Poecilotheria metallica:

Raine

Arachnopeon
Congrats, they are very nice looking T's! Is the blue and yellow one the one people here call 'Pokies'? It's gorgeous. :)

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats, they are very nice looking T's! Is the blue and yellow one the one people here call 'Pokies'? It's gorgeous. :)
Pokies is the common name for any spider in the genus Poecilotheria. In this case, all but the first spider are pokies.

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
Why are some pics of the Metallica so blue while others just have little bits of trim? Would the bright blues be the result of a recent molt, or do some specimens just have bluer hues? Either way... wish I could afford one...

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why are some pics of the Metallica so blue while others just have little bits of trim? Would the bright blues be the result of a recent molt, or do some specimens just have bluer hues? Either way... wish I could afford one...
Most of the P.mets coloring has to do with camera angle, type of camera and how the pics are taken. My p.mets have a tendency to lose some of their vivid blue as their cycle continues on. Once they hit premolt, they will lose much of that VIVID blue you see in a freshly molted P.met.

I can't see the pics Joey posted, but those are some of the reasons you see differences.

Joe

Oh... cute lil subfusca by the way! ;)

Last edited: