Armadillidium granulatum

Venezillo arizonicus

Porcellio magnificus

Porcellio scaber "White Out"

Porcellio bolivari

Porcellio ornatus "High Yellow"

Calopteryx

Arachnopeon
Nice collection you've got there! Those Rhyscotus texensis look cool, I've never seen them before. And the Porcellio bolivari are really pretty as well.

These pics make me wanna get some more isopods myself. :D ᶦᶠ ᵒᶰᶫʸ ᴵ ʰᵃᵈ ˢᵖᵃᶜᵉ⋅⋅⋅

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Nice collection!
I'm starting to build up mine, I just need to take pictures.
You have a few species I really want to get at some point.

I just recently found the P. pruinosus "Orange" in my yard. Just one.
I'm hoping to get those going.

Getting two new species tomorrow. Really excited for those.
I'll probably take loads of pictures tomorrow and be uploading them here lol.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fabulous collection! I am glad that some of the Spanish species like P. magnificus and P. bolivari are finally making their way into the US hobby...I don't know where you are located, I do know they're starting to show up here though.

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Damn, now I want all of those.
I love isopods, and I have space, the only thing that is limiting me is my money :dead: Hahah. I wish I'd be more patient.
I haven't seen P. bulivari and P. magnificus before but they look quite...magnificent :D

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Love your collection man, making me really wanna get some more isopods! :D

I don't know where you are located, I do know they're starting to show up here though.
He's in Alabama, so yeah, they are definitely getting more common in the US hobby. :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Bolivaris tho! :eek: I need some!!! Absolutely stunning!

blacksheep998

Arachnosquire
Oh man you've got several species I've been trying to find.

Can I ask where you got the Porcellio bolivari? I wasn't aware anyone in the US had them yet!

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice collection you've got there! Those Rhyscotus texensis look cool, I've never seen them before. And the Porcellio bolivari are really pretty as well.

These pics make me wanna get some more isopods myself. :D ᶦᶠ ᵒᶰᶫʸ ᴵ ʰᵃᵈ ˢᵖᵃᶜᵉ⋅⋅⋅
Thanks :) You should try keeping some! They don't require much space especially if u house them together with other inverts!

Nice collection!
I'm starting to build up mine, I just need to take pictures.
You have a few species I really want to get at some point.

I just recently found the P. pruinosus "Orange" in my yard. Just one.
I'm hoping to get those going.

Getting two new species tomorrow. Really excited for those.
I'll probably take loads of pictures tomorrow and be uploading them here lol.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing ur pics :)

Fabulous collection! I am glad that some of the Spanish species like P. magnificus and P. bolivari are finally making their way into the US hobby...I don't know where you are located, I do know they're starting to show up here though.
Ya, several people have variety of fancy European species now so it won't be a while till they start to pop up regularly in the US hobby :)

Damn, now I want all of those.
I love isopods, and I have space, the only thing that is limiting me is my money :dead: Hahah. I wish I'd be more patient.
I haven't seen P. bulivari and P. magnificus before but they look quite...magnificent :D
Perhaps you can try looking for some in the wild? It'd cost $0. LOL

Beautiful collection!

Love your collection man, making me really wanna get some more isopods! :D
Hopefully you'll get more species in your collection soon :)

Bolivaris tho! :eek: I need some!!! Absolutely stunning!

Oh man you've got several species I've been trying to find.

Can I ask where you got the Porcellio bolivari? I wasn't aware anyone in the US had them yet!
I got mine from Alan Grosse, who happens to live nearby (3 hr drive from my place). I picked them up directly from his place.

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Perhaps you can try looking for some in the wild? It'd cost $0. LOL
I own some isopods I collected from outside, but we only seem to have P. scaber, A. vulgare and O. asellus (I live in Germany). All the other pretty ones are so expensive ;n;
I just recently ordered some A. maculatum for a decent price though.

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
I have a desert (excavator substrate) vivarium and would like to know which species of isopods or any other clean up crew can tolerate the heat and dryness. I understand it is not necessary but i just wanted to make the enclosure more naturalistic.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
I have a desert (excavator substrate) vivarium and would like to know which species of isopods or any other clean up crew can tolerate the heat and dryness. I understand it is not necessary but i just wanted to make the enclosure more naturalistic.
What temperatures do you have?
If you have something between 80-90F you could keep Armadillidium sp. “Montenegro”, but you would have to provide a moist corner.
That's the only species I'm personally aware of that actually like it hotter and dryer. I'm sure there are others, but I don't know what they are.

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
What temperatures do you have?
If you have something between 80-90F you could keep Armadillidium sp. “Montenegro”, but you would have to provide a moist corner.
That's the only species I'm personally aware of that actually like it hotter and dryer. I'm sure there are others, but I don't know what they are.
The enclosure will be for an M. Balfouri. 12"x12"x12" Temperature goes to an average of 80.
Here is a picture of the terrarium

Attachments

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
The enclosure will be for an M. Balfouri. 12"x12"x12" Temperature goes to an average of 80.
The species I mentioned should do fine then.
You might need to provide some leaf litter if you want them to breed.
And possibly some loose substrate. And as I mentioned a moist corner.

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
The species I mentioned should do fine then.
You might need to provide some leaf litter if you want them to breed.
And possibly some loose substrate. And as I mentioned a moist corner.
Thanks for the help!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Porcellionides pruinosus and Porcellio dilatatus are supposed to be fairly dry resistant, not sure how resistant though.