Some finds in Dearborn MI

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
Went out to a local trail in the woods here in Dearborn MI, not too many spiders but found centipedes and millipedes under every leave I turned. Here are the pics.

Neoscona?

Steatoda?

centipedes, Lithobiomorpha?

millipedes, Julida?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Heh heh

Hey John ...howarya man
I gotta tell ya what you have found is a lot like the stuff I have been finding. Still early i suppose, oddly enough my Russian torts are out from under the garage and roaming around thier pen.
We will have to get together and do a bug hunt here this summer. Want some mantid sacs ? walk along the roadside and you will see plenty. My son brought about twenty home after a half hour hunting and we put them in the yard in places.

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
Hey man, am doing good. Yeah we definitely have to get together for a hunt this summer. It would be good to get out with a Michigander that knows the area and whats to be found.

hexen84

Arachnopeon
what's up with name John in michigan? By the way my names John too =P

the spider that looks like a Steatoda is really kind of cool I don't know what they are but I had a shed full of them last year (30+). But I have noticed alot of centipeds so far this year.

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ill have to keep my eyes open the next few weeks when Im out hunting mushrooms..
whats up with hunting those true spiders you were talking about Apple? were they the orb weavers?
found this while mushroom hunting last year..

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice finds, I just moved from Dearborn Heights Michigan to Lenoir City Tennessee lol.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
yes mostly orb weavers in the summer fields and a lot of other stuff.
oddly enough I found one widow last summer. They are native ti Michigan just frew and far between.
This summer I will get some more sphodros or attypis , it all depends on who you talk to as far as the genus on those

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks like Pisaurina mira

Ill have to keep my eyes open the next few weeks when Im out hunting mushrooms..
whats up with hunting those true spiders you were talking about Apple? were they the orb weavers?
found this while mushroom hunting last year..