Some crested geckos

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
The two larger ones are holdbacks(with frog butts) that have really colored up and the other two are the most recent hatchlings.
IMG_20210820_110316810~2.jpg
IMG_20210820_110435122~2.jpg
The recent hatchlings
IMG_20210815_234132199~2.jpg
IMG_20210815_234213909~2.jpg

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Is that bottom one a harlequin morph? I got one that looks like that

Looks like one to me. I have one that is similar as well, and I have always believed it is a Harlequin, based on photo comparisons, and that was good enough for me.

But there are different variations of harlequins, and I'm not sure if there are just "Harlequin" morphs or if they all have named variations. Here is a photo of him. Whatever he may be. I'll have had him a year in a couple of months, I got him as a baby.

m_IMG_0468crop.JPG

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Looks like one to me. I have one that is similar as well, and I have always believed it is a Harlequin, based on photo comparisons, and that was good enough for me.

But there are different variations of harlequins, and I'm not sure if there are just "Harlequin" morphs or if they all have named variations. Here is a photo of him. Whatever he may be. I'll have had him a year in a couple of months, I got him as a baby.

View attachment 398976
He looks like a (very) low expression tricolor or extreme harlequin.

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Crested gecko morphs are funny, since they're (almost; Lilly White is said to be incomplete dominant) all selectively bred polygenetic variation on a continuum. I can't think of any other reptile or amphibian species that has so few distinct genotypes but so many described morphs.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Crested gecko morphs are funny, since they're (almost; Lilly White is said to be incomplete dominant) all selectively bred polygenetic variation on a continuum. I can't think of any other reptile or amphibian species that has so few distinct genotypes but so many described morphs.
Lily white is inc-dom. Axanthic and super stripe are both recessive but they're very rare. Aside from those everything is polymorphic/polygenetic.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I wish their tails weren't so easily dropped and never grow back. It's one reason why I appreciate this species but wouldn't ever own any. I don't really like the tail-less look.

Gargoyles grow theirs back at least.

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
They're not easily dropped.

People house them improperly (cohabbing hatchlings/juvies at all, or cohabbing adults in way too small of an enclosure -- an 18 x 18 x 24 leaves no room for conflict) and they get bitten off (well, dropped due to aggression/attempted predation). Sure, it happens in the wild a lot, and people use this as a justification, but that's like if a person let their dogs chew each other's faces off and justify it by saying 'yeah well in the wild they live in packs and have a hierarchy and work things out by fighting'.

I've only ever had a few dozen cresties, but never had a tailless one. I've not had a gargoyle lose a tail either, but admittedly they're somewhat more likely to pound on each other in breeding groups.