some carnivorous plants

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Im running out of attachment space and inserting links dont seem to work for me, so i'll keep this short :). Here are some shots of my cephalotus follicularis and nepenthes rajah(who is not doing very well).
CF 1.JPG
CF 5.JPG
CF 3.JPG
NR 1.JPG

enjoy :).

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool! I love cephs! Alas, killed it both times I tried it. Major bummer. Just wish I could figure out what I do wrong with them.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Its not that difficult actually. In the wild they like cooler conditions but in captivity, they can afapt to tropical temps. Even leaving it at the windowsill does fine for them :).

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its not that difficult actually. In the wild they like cooler conditions but in captivity, they can afapt to tropical temps. Even leaving it at the windowsill does fine for them :).
Tell that to the two I killed. LOL

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Haha! Dont give up my friend :). Usually cooler conditions only allow for bigger pitchers, but mine is still small :p.

telaranabella

Arachnopeon
Nice pictures! I had a Nepenthes a while ago but unfortunately my cat knocked it off its shelf and it never really recovered. They are really cool plants.

bleezy

Arachnopeon
Try using filtered bottled or brita water to hydrate them. There root systems are sensitive to chemicals and minerals found in normal tap water. Good luck!

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try using filtered bottled or brita water to hydrate them. There root systems are sensitive to chemicals and minerals found in normal tap water. Good luck!
Filtered bottled water still contains high mineral levels, and Brita filters often add salt to the water as a btproduct of the resin filtering process, so both are not the best idea. RO, rain, or distilled are the best options.

SEB

Arachnosquire
Yeah, bottled and Britta filtered water are not acceptable. The Britta filters only really remove chlorine in the water. It usually still leaves most of the mineral content. A TDS meter costs about $25 and is the the best way to quickly check if your water is suitable. I use and RO filter with a DI filter as well bringing my PPM to 0.