Solo cups?

user 666

Arachnobaron
Can someone point me to a source of the 5 oz Solo cups pictured in the photo below?
solo cups.jpg

Leila

Arachnobaron
The container on top is a condiment cup/take-out ramekin. These can be found at any restaurant in town. I believe they can also be purchased at Walmart or some place like that.

The two containers below it are deli containers. Most restaurants have them. Grocery stores that contain a deli will also have these.

Just ask those who have the containers available if you can possibly purchase any. Depending on the amount you want to acquire, some places will just give them to ya for free. :)

user 666

Arachnobaron
Ah, so that was why i couldn't find it - I was using the wrong name.

Thanks!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I use a lot of the top one for small slings which looks like a 5.5 oz deli cup. Those are available on Amazon or at your local Walmart.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just go to the nearest taco time or taco truck and snag as many as you can haha. Otherwise, ive foumd them at walmarts and dollar stores before as well.
Eccellent for housing slings

user 666

Arachnobaron
I use a lot of the top one for small slings which looks like a 5.5 oz deli cup. Those are available on Amazon or at your local Walmart.
I had reused a few earlier this week (that I had gotten with Ts) and I like them enough that I want to standardize on the size for my smallest Ts.

My previous standard enclosure was a hobby lobby hot wheels display case. The condiment cups aren't as pretty but they are a more compact volume. I like that.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Solo cup is the proper name for them. When I was breeding geckos I use to buy them in sleeves of 50 or 100 depending on size from restraunt supply store... just remember to buy lids, they are sold separately. You could also try price club or cosco.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I had reused a few earlier this week (that I had gotten with Ts) and I like them enough that I want to standardize on the size for my smallest Ts.

My previous standard enclosure was a hobby lobby hot wheels display case. The condiment cups aren't as pretty but they are a more compact volume. I like that.
The deli cups work well and are a whole lot less expensive. But I am actually switching a bunch of mine to Hobby Lobby baseball display cases now. The display cases are more work to setup since you can just you a pin to make holes in the deli cups real fast. But my tarantulas love the corners of the Hobby Lobby containers. I create a burrow straight down in each corner and put a cork bark above at least one corner. I then create some flaps with blue painters tape. I know exactly where to find my 1/4" T's in these containers. The other nice thing on the Hobby Lobby cases is almost no flex when you grip it.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Solo cup is the proper name for them. When I was breeding geckos I use to buy them in sleeves of 50 or 100 depending on size from restraunt supply store... just remember to buy lids, they are sold separately. You could also try price club or cosco.
Mine have came with the lids in the same package. But it probably gets packed differently based on who is selling them.

user 666

Arachnobaron
The deli cups work well and are a whole lot less expensive. But I am actually switching a bunch of mine to Hobby Lobby baseball display cases now. The display cases are more work to setup since you can just you a pin to make holes in the deli cups real fast. But my tarantulas love the corners of the Hobby Lobby containers. I create a burrow straight down in each corner and put a cork bark above at least one corner. I then create some flaps with blue painters tape. I know exactly where to find my 1/4" T's in these containers. The other nice thing on the Hobby Lobby cases is almost no flex when you grip it.
That is exactly why I like the softball display cases - they're more sturdy than a pint deli cup, and I use them for 1.5" ts and larger.

But I prefer to use something smaller for half inch slings.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Yes, but that wasn't turning up a usable search result.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
absolute best places for these cups is usually restaurant supply stores. they have sleeves of them in various amounts/sizes and usually for very cheap.

id also recommend checking if you have a "Container Store" locally, theres one we have here locally, and they have absolutely everything from small food containers that can hold a few grapes, to large storage tubs, and all usually pretty cheap too.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
That is exactly why I like the softball display cases - they're more sturdy than a pint deli cup, and I use them for 1.5" ts and larger.

But I prefer to use something smaller for half inch slings.
The 5.5 oz containers and baseball display cases are definitely considered over-sized for a 1/4" sling, but they work well really well for me with my occasional work travel. The main benefit is the ability to regulate moisture really well. Some of my slings have now grown to 1/2" size in the 5.5 oz cups and the container still gives them plenty of space for burrowing.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yes, but that wasn't turning up a usable search result.
Solo is just a brand name and not really the type of cup. Most suppliers call them condiment cups as most are not made by the company that owns the Solo brand name. So you'll find a lot more by searching condiment cups and the size you want.

I get mine off amazon and usually use 2, 4, and 5.5 oz sizes by the sleeve with lids.