Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Solifugid questions

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by mantisfan101, Sep 24, 2019.

1. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    Ok so my Paragaleodes have both dug little chambers and sealed themselves off with no sign of any other tunnleing behavior so I presume that they are both probably in diapause. The Galeodes granti has been wandering around a lot but it did make a small burrow under some cork bark, but it still continues to wander around the enclosure. I have a couple questions now-
    I can't see any flagella on its chelicerae so I am assuming that it's a female. What is the chance that it's fertile and will lay eggs?
    Should I keep the galeodes in its current setup or move it to a smaller deli cup?
    Are the paragaleodes going to molt. lay eggs, or just stay in the chamber the whole time?
    What is the adult size of a paragaleodes pallidus?

2. mantisfan101

3. Marc Spider

Marc Spider Arachnobaron

Haha Smokehound714 is the go to guy for solifugid

4. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

they enter a rest stage during premolt which can basically be considered a pupal stage of sorts- they become immobile and hold their legs up.

this can last several weeks

• Like Like x 1
  5. mantisfan101

Thanks for your help, and I think that’s what the paragaleodes are doing. What should I do about the galeodes granti? He was digging around a bit and did make a decent burrow but he won’t go back into it and keeps running around outside. Also for the paragaleodes I was told that they are adult females. Is there a chance that they are fertile and could give me eggs?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  6. kermitdsk

kermitdsk Arachnosquire

If she is fertile you will see it. She becomes fat and the eggs shimmer as white dots through the opisthosoma.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.