Solifugid female (Eremobates?) laid eggs...

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Alrighty, we've got second instars! (L2) ๐Ÿ˜ Now here comes the hard part, getting them to the next instar... ๐Ÿ˜…

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Unfortunately they all died before reaching L3... A couple died due to starvation, (as they SUCKED at finding the food I offered them), but quite a few died due to cannibalism, (contrary to the observations of others, I found they cannibalized pretty readily), and the rest died due to overfeeding... I also think I was probably keeping them a bit too humid.

So yeah, complete and utter failure, like most Eremobates breeding attempts sadly. :/

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I'm sorry to hear this... you tried and gave it your best shot

It's a known fact that they aren't easy :(

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I'm sorry to hear this... you tried and gave it your best shot

It's a known fact that they aren't easy :(
Thanks, unfortunately it seems like the code to breeding US Solifugids will have to be cracked by someone else...

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Thanks, unfortunately it seems like the code to breeding US Solifugids will have to be cracked by someone else...
Don't give up yet, you got these guys pretty far and have learned a number of reasons for another go! You've gotten tons of tricky species into captivity, and you're excellently positioned to figure these guys out.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Don't give up yet, you got these guys pretty far and have learned a number of reasons for another go! You've gotten tons of tricky species into captivity, and you're excellently positioned to figure these guys out.
Thanks, maybe I'll try again next year if I can find adults again, by then I think I'll have some better feeders for them to, so we'll see...

How big lengthwise is the mom?
Like an inch and a half.