Solifuge help

hecklad

Arachnosquire
So a sort of nearby store has this guy for sale and they have had it for about 2 months now I think and for $50, he's 3.5 inches long. I'm hoping to get a species and age estimate for this guy; I really would like to buy it but I also don't want to have it die after only having it for a month or two. On the plus side it seems really calm, which is usually a good thing but could also mean it's nearing the end of its life, any input is greatly appreciated

Screenshot (7).png

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Paragaleodes sp. For solifuges in general, don’t overfeed them. Mine are paragaleodes pallidus and are similar to this, and they haven’t eaten at all since I got them in September and they’re still alive, but I believe that they are in some sort of dormant state. @wizentrop will be able to help you out the most.

hecklad

Arachnosquire
Paragaleodes sp. For solifuges in general, don’t overfeed them. Mine are paragaleodes pallidus and are similar to this, and they haven’t eaten at all since I got them in September and they’re still alive, but I believe that they are in some sort of dormant state. @wizentrop will be able to help you out the most.
Ok so it is a paragaleodes. What do you think as far as size go and possible remaining lifespan WITH proper care (not overfeeding and moderate temps/etc)?