Solifuge feeding

AnEndlessCold

Arachnopeon
I got a solifuge from a reptile expo in October. Supposedly he (she?) is captive bred. The problem I've been having with him is feeding. If I put in a cricket he'll freak out and run away from it. So I've been tong feeding him. If I put it up near his mouth he'll start eating it, but then after I let go of it he'll put it down and walk away after like ten seconds. He seems fine otherwise, his abdomen seems to be a healthy size (basically the same size as when I got him), and I haven't noticed any signs of anything being wrong. Is there something I should be doing different? I keep him in a small enclosure with a mix of wood shavings and sand, I keep it dry, and I don't have any special lighting/heating.
Here's a picture of him.

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
It looks like a paragaleodes sp and if it’s not eating do not feed it. They spend almost the entire year dormant underground in a hibernation like state. They will not eat and all of mine have chewed up food then leave the massacred carcass to the side. The best thing you can do to it for now is leave it alone and check up on it once a month or so.