Solifugae in Los Angeles??

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have never seen any strange bugs near my house. The only thing I have are ants, bees, crickets, roaches, jeruselum crickets, a few myrapods. But the other day I went to the movies and decided to take a walk down the L.A "river" while i waited for the showtime and saw a Solifugae. At first glance i tought it was a spider but then i got closer to it and looked like a scorpion. But then i noticed it was neither. I tought these guys liked more drier regions :confused: . I remember someone caught one on one of the socal hikes but it was a dry area. This thing was about 3 inches long and very pale yellow almost white. Any one know the species? I couldn't catch it because i had nothing to contain it with but I'm definatly going bug hunting friday night.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
dunno what species but we have a number of different ones around here

the largest i caught (and then released cuz i was at my brother's commencement/graduation thingy) was ~2.5" body length... big sucker.

SoCA has great bugs dude... it *almost* makes up for the truly insane housing prices =P

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah around your house theres tons of stuff I noticed just pulling in. But here...NOTHING. This is a big find for me and I couldn't even catch it.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah around your house theres tons of stuff I noticed just pulling in. But here...NOTHING. This is a big find for me and I couldn't even catch it.
they do bad in captivity, almost universally. even local species. i would like to work on the large local species if i got the chance, though.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll try getting you one from here. Now that i know where I can find some.