LV-426

Arachnobaron
Another pic, another opinion wanted

Another pic, another opinion wanted

Last edited:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got is a reputable Herp store and they have every T labled correctly, even the slings. im just wondering if its nhandu or acanthoscurria
Ummm.. if that is a true statement you wouldn't need the ID would you?

I'm just saying.. Not that anyone is right or wrong here but if they have every T labeled correctly.. Then.. ;)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Brachypelma albopilosum. Looks just like the two slings I bought back in march.
It may look like your Brachypelma albopilosum but are you 100% sure. What is your background with Ts, how many years have you been in the hobby that you can make that asumption? thats why I want another opinion

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Ummm.. if that is a true statement you wouldn't need the ID would you?

I'm just saying.. Not that anyone is right or wrong here but if they have every T labeled correctly.. Then.. ;)
I feel you, its just common names are not accurate. a T can can have like 2 or 3 common names wouldnt you agree?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel you, its just common names are not accurate. a T can can have like 2 or 3 common names wouldnt you agree?
Heheh yes.. I'm just playin a bit.. {D

That's what's bad about common names and we've debated it here before.. One man's "stripe knee" is another man's "Texas tan" etc, etc.. It's hard to tell and most go by what is on the invoice sheet but maybe as well the full latin name is on there as well?

You speak highly of this place so maybe they have better records but I will say I asked to see if they had the breeder/importer names on some T's at a LPS and the one I was interested in was named "striped knee" and on the sheet it said Pink Toe, Avicularia as the one in question so while they had "some" full names they were wrong anyways, lol.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Heheh yes.. I'm just playin a bit.. {D

That's what's bad about common names and we've debated it here before.. One man's "stripe knee" is another man's "Texas tan" etc, etc.. It's hard to tell and most go by what is on the invoice sheet but maybe as well the full latin name is on there as well?

You speak highly of this place so maybe they have better records but I will say I asked to see if they had the breeder/importer names on some T's at a LPS and the one I was interested in was named "striped knee" and on the sheet it said Pink Toe, Avicularia as the one in question so while they had "some" full names they were wrong anyways, lol.
Yeah next time i go back there I will ask him. im new to the hobby but i reasearch as much as i can.There are alot of garbage petshops in Miami, from observing the place the place is clean, doesnt smell, animals look healthy. i have observed them removing dead crickets from reptile cages. And one more thing they are the only Herp store within 30miles of my place so i dont have much choice either

Last edited:

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looks like a LP to me, give it a few molts and it may be easier to id.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
looks like a LP to me, give it a few molts and it may be easier to id.
I have been looking at the genus galleries here and i dont know what it is, i have a feeling i wont be disappointed with it whatever it is

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It may look like your Brachypelma albopilosum but are you 100% sure. What is your background with Ts, how many years have you been in the hobby that you can make that asumption? thats why I want another opinion
On another note, I would say either a Lasiodora or a B. albopilosum. And I have yet to see you ask the others how they know. You only questioned my opinion? Why?

Regardless, other than the fact I bought two B. albopilosum slings that size, I have only been in the hobby a year, but I have spent countless hours researching and studying as much as I can. Many days I have spent a few hours or more on this site and others and studying my own Ts. That is my experience. But no I'm not 100% sure. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

LV-426

Arachnobaron
On another note, I would say either a Lasiodora or a B. albopilosum. And I have yet to see you ask the others how they know. You only questioned my opinion? Why?

Regardless, other than the fact I bought two B. albopilosum slings that size, I have only been in the hobby a year, but I have spent countless hours researching and studying as much as I can. Many days I have spent a few hours or more on this site and others and studying my own Ts. That is my experience. But no I'm not 100% sure. That's just my opinion.
you seemed very positive about your assumtions thats thats why i questioned you. no hard feelings, i guess i will have to wait to see what it grows into

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you seemed very positive about your assumtions thats thats why i questioned you. no hard feelings, i guess i will have to wait to see what it grows into
Yeah, you'll probably be able to better ID it in a couple more molts. Good luck.