Sold as B. Smithi...but not

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
So a while back I had purchased 5 B. Smithi slings. All around 1". Well as time has gone by and they all have a couple molts under their belt I noticed this guy getting substantially larger than his sling mates and lacking the classic striped leg look of the the other 4. In this pic it's around the size of a silver dollar.

So if it isn't a smithi.....what is it?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Who would sell you these as smithi? Even as 1" slings they have distinct knee patterns. Hope you can get that settled with who ever you got them from. And +1 on the albopilosum

kevin88

Arachnopeon
yup I would agree......B. albopilosum my curley sling is identical

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could be B Angustum I have a few slings and they are identical to these at the size pictured.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
just throwing it out there maybe lp i mean how dark the colors are and such? ive never had a sling lp and iam getting my first b.albo the tenth but ive seen pics and welll lol thats my opion:?

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Yip! albo forsure!

Try get hold of the guy, (up to you)
It may have been an honest mistake

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just throwing it out there maybe lp i mean how dark the colors are and such? ive never had a sling lp and iam getting my first b.albo the tenth but ive seen pics and welll lol thats my opion
I have a little sling LP. They dont really look much like this. Then again mine is probably a couple instars behind that sling so this might be irrelevant.

LP^

I would also guess B.albopilosum. I have a sling of that species but its extremely small so a comparison picture would be useless from me.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
I have a little sling LP. They dont really look much like this. Then again mine is probably a couple instars behind that sling so this might be irrelevant.

LP^

I would also guess B.albopilosum. I have a sling of that species but its extremely small so a comparison picture would be useless from me.
I have both Lp and albo in the same size as the op pic!
The spider in the pic is B albo

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
Awesome, ty everyone for the replies. I'm obviously a little bummed it's not something cooler than an albo, but it bumps me up to yet another species that I didn't have before so it's all good.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Awesome, ty everyone for the replies. I'm obviously a little bummed it's not something cooler than an albo, but it bumps me up to yet another species that I didn't have before so it's all good.
I guess. Id call them on it so they dont do it to anyone else. espacially if it was someone on AB. Thats a 4$ sling compared to a 25$ sling. Your supposed to get what you paid for. :wall::wall:

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
haha hoping for that p. metallica mix up or t. blondi huh ;)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess. Id call them on it so they dont do it to anyone else. espacially if it was someone on AB. Thats a 4$ sling compared to a 25$ sling. Your supposed to get what you paid for. :wall::wall:
That is a really good point.

Reaper, maybe you should send the seller a nice email explaining what happened. Maybe they would be willing to refund the difference.

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
I only paid $7 /ea for them so I'm not too worried about the price difference. I had purchased 15 slings from this person all at the same time with no doas or issues. So I'm just going to assume it was a whoops and grabbed the wrong vial.