Soil / Plant recommendations?

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Hello! I'm planning on making a bioactive enclosure for a jumper that prefers sandy/rocky soil.

I've seen soil mixes, peat moss, and others. But they dont seem right for what I'm doing?

Can anyone tell me what kind of soil would work for a sandy, drier enclosure rather than super moist?
If anyone has plants theyd recommend for this as well, let me know! Id like to keep the environment really natural and realistic.

I will be misting the enclosure and watering the plants as needed of course! Thank you for your help in advance! :spider::happy:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I've never really heard about jumpers enjoying any soil. I don't know what plants you'd do for a sandy, dry enclosure but I wouldn't but cacti in with a spider. You could check out Bio dude, he has a lot of stuff but it's pricy.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
I've never really heard about jumpers enjoying any soil. I don't know what plants you'd do for a sandy, dry enclosure but I wouldn't but cacti in with a spider. You could check out Bio dude, he has a lot of stuff but it's pricy.
I'm housing Habronattus sp, not Phiddipus, and some are known for walking around the sandy ground or leaf litter!
Yes, im not interested in cactus at all. I was hoping for something leafier but still not tropical. I'll probably need to drive to my local reptile store and see if they can recommend me anything... I've looked on biodude and a few other sites but its not very obvious what plants could go in what soil, most seem tropical/high moisture or like air plants, also not really what I'm going for ^^; Thank you for the suggestion though!