SoCal hunting.

NJF

Arachnopeon
Hi, folks.

I'm a recent transplant to Southern California and my girlfriend and I were planning to go on a hunt or two to possibly expand our scorpion collection. I'm writing this thread in the hope that some of you other SoCal scorpion enthusiasts might be able to offer some advice and answer a couple questions. I've read a couple other hunting threads on this board, but some advice particular to this region would be great.

Can anyone suggest any particularly good areas? We figure that we'll probably be able to find some Vaejovis spinigerus or Hadrurus arizonensis, but any ideas about specific areas would be appreciated; we're in Harbor City, but we don't mind driving.

Also, while hunting, what are the odds we'll run into other fauna that might be less-than-friendly (read: rattle snakes)? If we hunt at night we'll sweep with both UV and white lights to minimize that sort of risk, but is there anything that might not immediately come to mind for a non-native?

Thanks very much in advance. :worship:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
your in luck follow the link below my signiture. SCABIES is newly founded group that keeps expanding every day. We actually have group hikes and a bbq coming up.

NJF

Arachnopeon
Thanks very much, both of you. The site was very helpful.

With regard to SCABIES, I actually e-mailed CacoSeraph and got a reply a little while ago. Sounds like a blast.