So wrong in so many ways

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This appears to be old but I just came across it on youtube and I don't think its something many people have seen...

[YOUTUBE]PqJwxffupH0[/YOUTUBE]

Words cannot do justice to all my thoughts while watching that.

Rose hairs are generally docile, but to trust it won't bite your tongue?
Urticating hairs?!? Claws?!?
Bit stressful don't you think?
And how the heck does someone come up with that idea?
Hopefully nobody tries to contest that record. :embarrassed:

And now to provoke further discussion... what is the most "extreme" thing you have ever done with one of your tarantulas (or heard from someone else)? (handling a nasty species, letting it crawl on your face, etc.) I know most people here are very protective of their Ts but there have to be some good stories floating around.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what an idiot. What if the hairs get into his throat tissue? That spider is really docile to put up with that {D

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When me n my bro were lil, we accidentally Q-tipped my dads mex. redknee to death:eek: . Thinking it was dead, we tried to get it to move by touching it with a Q- tip, but it turned out it was only molting :wall: and we killed it by traumatizing it during its molt...(we were 8 and 6 yrs. old btw)

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what is the point of that kind of crap really. its crap like that that really gets me pee'd off. its like these people you see danceing on stage with a snake around them throwing it all over. the stress this puts on them is awfull. and whats it prove, that once more he got lucky and didnt get bit.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I kind of wish the T would bite him...
I second that. I barely handle my G. rosea (the only T I got for now...) because I know it stresses it out. I will occasionally take it out of the enclosure to show to friends, to convince them Tarantulas aren't all that bad (most of my friends have this misconception that they're evil and will do horrible things to you if you let them run around loose).

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Why is that a world record? Honestly...

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm disturbed, amused, and confused. I've seen a lot of things courtesy of YouTube, but this was the first time i've actually sat at my screen with my mouth open in disbelief.

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would be more worried about the spider going in the wrong direction of your mouth ... having your bronchia or throat stuffed with rosea cannot be nice ...

Søren

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I'm rather happy it didn't bite. If it had, T's bad rep would just have gone a few notches worse. Other than that this record is just as stupid as most of them.

Last edited:

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm rather happy it didn't bite. If it had, T's bad rep would just have gone a few notches worse.
yes thats ture, but still that guy should not be putting his T in his mouth, i mean look at it, it did not want to be in there. so it makes me mad:mad:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
yes thats ture, but still that guy should not be putting his T in his mouth, i mean look at it, it did not want to be in there. so it makes me mad:mad:
True, the mouth is a bit too moist for a rosea plus that lots of CO2 got blown on it in the process. Other than that no harm done I guess. He could have made for some safer handling while outside the mouth but I can't come up with any more realistic critizim right now. Not from the T's point of view anyway. Lets just hope he didn't have bad breath ;)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:embarrassed: on him a f****** prat and :embarrassed: on youtube d*** heads its a MAD world we are in :eek: :eek: :evil: :evil: --- phil

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen. I wish that urticating hairs get all down his windpipe and it swells shut....maybe then he wouldnt do that dumb sh** no more.

ghost6303

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
now if that was a poecilotheria i would be impressed... and he would be in the emergency room where he belongs.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What a d**k~~~ that spider is terrified and probably thinks that guy is trying to eat it.

Some people just try too hard to be "extreme" or "weird"