So, when a jumping spider stops eating...

Reluctant Widow Mother

Arachnosquire
...does that mean the clock is running out?

My tiny jumper, Booger, is over a year old now and as far as I know, she hasn't eaten anything in some time. Right now, she's actively avoiding fruit flies. Could a lower temperature be causing this? Something else? Or is this a normal end-of-life behavior for a spider. I

The pic below was taken with a WiFi microscope. Her diameter, including legs, is about the size of a pencil eraser, perhaps even smaller.

smittywerbenmanjensen

Arachnopeon
...does that mean the clock is running out?

My tiny jumper, Booger, is over a year old now and as far as I know, she hasn't eaten anything in some time. Right now, she's actively avoiding fruit flies. Could a lower temperature be causing this? Something else? Or is this a normal end-of-life behavior for a spider. I

The pic below was taken with a WiFi microscope. Her diameter, including legs, is about the size of a pencil eraser, perhaps even smaller.

Hey there! About how cold is it in your area currently? Seems like it may just be the wind-down phase of life. Time to rehome into a smaller, more accessible enclosure and let her live out her golden days :)

DerGraf

Arachnopeon
Both could be true. Low temp, low light and old age all are common reasons for avoiding food. We would need more information to narrow the options down.