So what should I get next?

metaldad904

Arachnopeon
So I'm diving into the T game full on it seems, I just can't help myself. I've started the breeding process (see my P. Irminia breeding vid post from earlier) and am expecting a male Regalis in the coming weeks to keep the love fest going. So here's the thing, I'm not done yet. I still have so many T's I want and they are must haves. I'll give you my current collection and then my must haves. Lmk your thoughts. I'd really like to get adult females or almost there girls, but I'm not against slings if they grow fast.

Current:
1.1 P. Irminia breeding pair (2 successful pairings waiting to see what happens next)
0.1 P. Regalis 6 inches maybe more (getting a male very soon)
0.1 mystery avicularia (no intention to breed since I can't pinpoint species)
0.1.1 Acanthogonatus Francki (female has already made a sac once before and the sling came on accident when I bought her)
0.0.1 P. Muticus about an inch
0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum (I suspect female but won't know for sure until a molt happens) around 3 to 4 inches
0.0.1 haplopelma lividium 1/2 inch at best

Must have
P. Metallica (my most coveted of all)
Lampropelma violaceopes (probably 2nd to the metallica)
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (so pretty plus the webbing!)
Avicularia Versicolor
P. Ornata
P. Rufilata
P. Subfusca (see a pattern? I adore pokies)
T. Blondi (can't go wrong with the beast)
H. Maculata (the ghost... Need I say more?)
G. Pulchra (I just don't want to wait a decade for a big girl)
Pelinobius muticus (see above)
Xenesthis Immanis (I've been told they are difficult)
M. Balfouri

I'd like to keep this breeding thing going, it fascinates me. Like I said, not against slings or young ones but I'd like them to be fast or at least not slow growers. So what's your opinion? What species do I go for next? Gimme a hint on what's a reasonable price would be nice so I don't get screwed lol. I'm ready to throw a good amount of money into this, I'm hooked and ready to go full throttle but I want to do it with some intelligence. Right now I have such a potpourri collection and need purpose. Let's hear your thoughts

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
With a collection and experience like that, you can get anything your list states really. It could be fun to get a new world terrestrial though, for some change in the collection. A.geniculata comes to mind.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
dont get the blondi, huge waste of money if youre not a die hard collector. very expensive and dont get bigger than the much cheaper stirmi. go all for the pokies and the H mac i say.

Otis Driftwood

Arachnodeity
I would say get the Versicolor. They grow relatively quickly and they are one of the most stunning avics. Same deal with the GBB. Fast growth and stunning!

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
P. Rufilata has been on my list forever too. Thought it would be my first pokie, but two others have beat it to the collection first. That would be my first pick. Second would be some GBB slings - you really need to witness the webbing and the color changes!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
H. Pulchripes, P. Muticus, M. Balfouri, T. Psychedelicus, C. Schmiti, I. Mira, E. Olivacea :rolleyes:

metaldad904

Arachnopeon
With a collection and experience like that, you can get anything your list states really. It could be fun to get a new world terrestrial though, for some change in the collection. A.geniculata comes to mind.
Those are pretty cool T's for sure.
dont get the blondi, huge waste of money if youre not a die hard collector. very expensive and dont get bigger than the much cheaper stirmi. go all for the pokies and the H mac i say.
Yeah, I had a huge stirmi years ago might just go that route.
P. Rufilata has been on my list forever too. Thought it would be my first pokie, but two others have beat it to the collection first. That would be my first pick. Second would be some GBB slings - you really need to witness the webbing and the color changes!
I pretty much want every pokie there is now lol. I'm dying to get a gbb too
Stay away from blondi or stirmi. The hairs... I am shocked the CIA does not use them.
Haha yeah I've heard this. For some reason I'm one of the minority that doesn't have a reaction to urticating hairs... Go figure.

louise f

Arachnoangel
I would go for A.versicolor and C.cyaneopubescens
Super nice colors on both, and the avics are pretty easy to breed. ;)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
=
Haha yeah I've heard this. For some reason I'm one of the minority that doesn't have a reaction to urticating hairs... Go figure.
I didn't react until I was a couple years into the hobby. Some people get lucky though and never feel them... I hate those people.

cold blood

Staff member
I didn't react until I was a couple years into the hobby. Some people get lucky though and never feel them... I hate those people.
IME there are 2 types of people...the first has a reaction...the second doesn't have a reaction yet, and believe they will never have a reaction...I laugh at the second group of people.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You need some big South American eating machines: geniculata and some Pamphos. Phormics are good, as is Chromatopelma & E murinus. Plus a few more arboreals like P cambridgei & pulcher.

Chilobrachys & Selenocosmia are very industrious, always spinning and digging.

metaldad904

Arachnopeon
Haha don't hate! Lol
IME there are 2 types of people...the first has a reaction...the second doesn't have a reaction yet, and believe they will never have a reaction...I laugh at the second group of people.
I'm not saying never but a good 10+ years and no issues yet knock on wood.