So what are your weekend projects?

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
The weekend is finally here. Anyone has any projects they working on?

Going to rehouse my obt, A. chacolades, A. genic, and Hapolopus sp. large. Will also be redoing my T room and figuring out what do with the colony of isopods I picked up. Not looking forward to the OBT rehousing but it will be for her permanent home.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
The weekend is finally here. Anyone has any projects they working on?

Going to rehouse my obt, A. chacolades, A. genic, and Hapolopus sp. large. Will also be redoing my T room and figuring out what do with the colony of isopods I picked up. Not looking forward to the OBT rehousing but it will be for her permanent home.
Aside from nonsense holiday plans, I'm going to be rehousing my boehmei into a smaller enclosure - I think the current one is too big for her - and doing a major maintenance overhaul on my porteri's tank as in the last 24 hours she has piled about 2" of substrate into her water dish and webbed over the whole thing. It looks like she's hiding a body under there.

Probably also shopping for a new enclosure for the G. pulchra sling - it grew way more than I expected when it molted a few days ago and it's officially outgrown the deli container.

Speaking of OBT, I do not currently own one but have been trying to get the hubby to say I can - and had a funny dream last night about unknowingly getting a gravid one and all of a sudden there were a hundred escapees running around my house :banghead: Maybe a sign that it's not time yet...

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Getting my Haplopelma vonwirthi sling to give up on trying to be an OBT.
Woke up this morning to find him webbed up like one in the top corner :banghead:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Speaking of OBT, I do not currently own one but have been trying to get the hubby to say I can - and had a funny dream last night about unknowingly getting a gravid one and all of a sudden there were a hundred escapees running around my house :banghead: Maybe a sign that it's not time yet...
that's funny, I had a similar dream a week ago where mine escaped, gave live birth and then turned into my girlfriends cat....which I still tried to put back into the cage via pinch grab method.

if you have the proper set up, OBT's are one the easiest T's to keep. They would rather hide than fight. I only see my OBT if I creep on it at night, the moment I step to hard or flash a light...gone.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I seem to remember someone (jokingly of course) saying you could throw one in an old coffee can full of rusty nails and it would make itself at home :p
coincidently that is how I refer to my OBT as....a can of rust nails

Paiige

Arachnobaron
coincidently that is how I refer to my OBT as....a can of rust nails
Yeah I've heard they're ridiculously hardy and resilient. It's just the fact that they seem so comically angry all the time. I'm not so much concerned about my ability to keep it alive as I am my ability to not have a stroke whenever it's feeding/rehoming time.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah I've heard they're ridiculously hardy and resilient. It's just the fact that they seem so comically angry all the time.
I can personally guarantee you that my female C.marshalli is hands down more "crazy" than my female "orange banshee" :-s

Temperament vary, always. If you offer them a piece of cork bark and lot of substrate, those 9 out of 10 will burrow... IMO this will help to avoid the "web only" enclosure that, IMO again, isn't exactly the best when it comes to refill/clean the water dish and remove prey remains, since inside that web doesn't live a 'GBB' :p

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Temperament vary, always. If you offer them a piece of cork bark and lot of substrate, those 9 out of 10 will burrow... IMO this will help to avoid the "web only" enclosure that, IMO again, isn't exactly the best when it comes to refill/clean the water dish and remove prey remains, since inside that web doesn't live a 'GBB' :p
I've noticed that - in the videos/photos with the super angry ones, they aren't ever provided with hides and their entire enclosure is just one big web mat. So of course feeding/maintenance/rehousing is a nightmare if you're poking and prodding at a web that they've had to build to make themselves some semblance of a home. I'd be mad too if I was put in a box with nowhere to hide and then someone came in and started messing everything up...

It's also the 'teleportation' though. I don't like the idea of blinking and then having an angry T sitting on my shoulder. I have some quick Ts but none of them want me dead :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've noticed that - in the videos/photos with the super angry ones, they aren't ever provided with hides and their entire enclosure is just one big web mat. So of course feeding/maintenance/rehousing is a nightmare if you're poking and prodding at a web that they've had to build to make themselves some semblance of a home. I'd be mad too if I was put in a box with nowhere to hide and then someone came in and started messing everything up...
You are right. You know, after years and years I've noticed a detail: all of those, especially in YT videos, that ended with an 'OBT' in a "full web only" enclosure, IMO didn't offered at all the right inches level of substrate, therefore the spider (and genus Ceratogyrus and other Baboon as well) has to rely on his/her resources, therefore web. You can't, as you know of course, expect the same behavior with a genus Hysterocrates or Pelinobius muticus... for that they will stress to death without substrate inches for create their burrow, while an 'OBT' not at all :)

That's why they are worldwide knowed as hardy and masters of adapt :-s

It's also the 'teleportation' though. I don't like the idea of blinking and then having an angry T sitting on my shoulder. I have some quick Ts but none of them want me dead :p
Ah ah, indeed they are fast. IMO? P.murinus speed is a bit underestimated. They're really, really fast :kiss:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I need to rehouse my Psalms Pulcher's as they have now reached juvenile level. I would like to also sex them.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I plan on taking pics of my latest pick ups from the last two weeks and posting them to the boards...

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Two more shoe box enclosures that need drilling and prep and a photoshoot of my G. pulchra who just molted :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Picking up a C. leetzi downtown tonight and getting home before another blizzard hits. I really don't have any projects to do... I did all of them the last couple of weekends. Although, I do have some brand new enclosures that need holes in them and I can get ahead with that. It's an excuse for me to use my new soldering iron and get more practice on making the perfect holes.
The only thing is to clean the new plastic plants I bought at the expo last weekend. That's going to take all of about thirty minutes.

Fleas

Arachnopeon
I need to bye 2 more cheese puffs containers and try to eat them for my h macs new House's woohoo fun times lol here one after rehouse IMG_20161102_142316574.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey @Chris LXXIX you got any pics of your OBT set up? looking for some inspiration.
Nope, man :-/
aside for one pic that you can see on my 'Media Page', clicking on my profile, but you will see only my 0.1 when she was closing the burrow entrance for a molt... but basically imagine a "L" size KK, full of (bone dry, mines an adult female, after all) substrate, a water dish, a couple of fake leaves (that my 'OBT' literally "destroyed" and put to the floor with a somewhat 'windsurf' on those) and a piece of cork bark, the "bridge" one, with two "entrance"... where she burrowed under.

IMO that way 10/10 easy to work with (and btw I'm quite happy she's in her final enclosure, ah ah) :-s

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Rehouse my Ischnocolinae slings to better quarters.Deli cups don't work with these fast little ones.
Pop the covers,and their out of here!!!!.