So what are your weekend projects?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
@Thistles that stopped working after T number...4? ;):zipit:

He's specifically against OW Ts. Views them as nothing more than hissing, biting, teleporting bundles of problems and negative energy :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
He's specifically against OW Ts. Views them as nothing more than hissing, biting, teleporting bundles of problems and negative energy :D
If you're trying to convence him that OW's are not all hissing, biting etc. a OBT is likely not the Ts you're wanting to bring home. :p

Get a nice M.balfouri. Great looking, no hissing, not overly speedy, and pretty easy to work with IMO.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Yeah, balfouri are great first OWs, but they do hiss! I'm big on Eucratoscelus pachypus as a beginner OW, too. Very chill and so cute!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
@Paiige Ceratogyrus species are great species for a beginner OW. Relatively cheap, OBT style care, and a horn to boot! I need to get one myself down the line. Darlingi seems to be very chill as well, from what I have heard. Not usually "OBT-esque". Also, just to add to the thread, went to my local fair. Got a new pickup, a P. cancerides subadult female. Had to set up her enclosure, I think it looks alright as far as my decorative abilities go :D Just starting to get into more big NW birdeaters and the like, so I figured $35 was pretty alright ;)

Attachments

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I'd love a sling to compliment my AF, whenever they're old enough. ^.^
I was talking more about realizing her nightmare of hundreds of tiny orange tarantulas escaping from their mom's enclosure to prowl her home. Sorry for the derail.

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
I was talking more about realizing her nightmare of hundreds of tiny orange tarantulas escaping from their mom's enclosure to prowl her home. Sorry for the derail.
Sounds like a wonderful dream to me! :D They're so cute before they turn evil.
Although my girl is super calm. *knock on wood* She stays in her web anytime I have to do any cage maintenance. Never gives a threat posture. Still wouldn't attempt a handling though..

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, balfouri are great first OWs, but they do hiss!
Do they? Mine just sit there all fat and lazy. That's cool to know.

Haha yeah. That would be my fear. Regardless of the species to have a whole sack of little ones get out the air holes and in the attic. Only to return home when they have grown..... :D

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Do they? Mine just sit there all fat and lazy. That's cool to know.

Haha yeah. That would be my fear. Regardless of the species to have a whole sack of little ones get out the air holes and in the attic. Only to return home when they have grown..... :D
I have a funny vid of one throwing a tantrum when I'm packing her. My MMs seem to hiss most, but maybe that's because I'm interacting with them more frequently.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Deciding on a new T. Decisions, decisions. I wanted a young adult Grammostola pulchra but I'll be waiting a long time I think. So I'll have a good think on another.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I have a funny vid of one throwing a tantrum when I'm packing her. My MMs seem to hiss most, but maybe that's because I'm interacting with them more frequently.
I've not had the pleasure of packing up any Ts so that might be why I've not heard them hissing. :)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
If you're trying to convence him that OW's are not all hissing, biting etc. a OBT is likely not the Ts you're wanting to bring home. :p
Get a nice M.balfouri. Great looking, no hissing, not overly speedy, and pretty easy to work with IMO.
Oh I know :p I just think they're comically angry and I love that about them.

I love M balfouri, someday way down the line once I have a good amount of breeding experience under my belt I'd like to try to breed them - love the idea of them being great mothers and rearing their young.

I'll most likely be acquiring the entirety of the Psalmopoeus genus before we bring home an OBT and to bridge the NW-OW gap but I figure there's no harm in starting to warm him up to them in advance :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
@Paiige Ceratogyrus species are great species for a beginner OW. Relatively cheap, OBT style care, and a horn to boot!
Hubby loves the look of these, we spend a few hours watching feeding videos the other night (after much begging on my part) and he was impressed by the horn! I think he'll get one of these as a "birthday present" down the line...for selfish reasons of course ;)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I'll post pictures of my completed projects later.

Rehousing my OBT was ridiculously easy. Just picked up the tube web it was in and placed it in the new cage. No hissing or threat displays.

Rehousing my rose hair was different story? Ever had a cat that refused to get in a cat carrier? That is how it was for the rose hair and the catch cup

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Rehoused my adult female A.avicularia, Juniper, into the new custom enclosure (which turned out awesome). She is currently sitting in the catch cup, inside the new enclosure, working up the courage to come out. I think she has moved about an inch so far.