So what are your weekend projects?

Risto N

Arachnopeon
Rehousing the versi and maybe the P irminia if that sling decides to molt in the next day or so. Definitely due!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Speaking of OBT, I do not currently own one but have been trying to get the hubby to say I can - and had a funny dream last night about unknowingly getting a gravid one and all of a sudden there were a hundred escapees running around my house :banghead: Maybe a sign that it's not time yet...
that's funny, I had a similar dream a week ago where mine escaped, gave live birth and then turned into my girlfriends cat....which I still tried to put back into the cage via pinch grab method.
You people need to stop eating late at night or something. :p

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I finally got them cut and I'm planning on finishing 6 new pokie enclosures and doing some rehousing.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
You people need to stop eating late at night or something. :p
If the stress of owning one is anything like the stress I felt in that dream then it was a sign and for that I am grateful, also not my first T-related dream o_O

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I find that I usually get a more vivid recollection of an emotion when I dream. If it's fear, anger etc. I can really feel it more than when I'm awake.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My "weekend" was yesterday and the day before. It was a pretty productive couple of days for tarantulas. Rehoused my AF T. stirmi (angry hairs everywhere), rehoused my AF P. striata, built a few enclosures to have on standby, cleaned the dubia colonies, and paired my C. fimbriatus. All went well other than the last one, which was... iffy at best. Going to do that one again in a week.

BabaYaga

Arachnopeon
Mostly just finishing up preparation for my incoming E. Truculentus and H. Maculata, scheduled to arrive here in a week or so depending on the weather. Its gotta warm up a little bit or at least stabilize before they'll be shipped to me, but that gives me time to finish off their tanks.
H. Lividum needs some spot cleaning in her tank. Fortunately she's super chill, so I can reach in and take care of cage maintenance with no fear of her. She just watches me work, no defensive displays or anything as long as my fingers don't stray too close, such a good girl.

Non T related- I'm also starting work on a custom built wooden cage for my Boa Constrictor Imperator. She's still relatively young, but I got her adult cage made and I want to start setting up the inside so I'll probs figure out what all needs to be done there. Should be ready by the end of January.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
feeding, feeding feeding! lots of molts and now lots of hungry chelicerae to fill!
need to pick up more cages, Psalmos grow too quick..

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Cleaning the glass panels of my T.violaceus enclosure, I'm sure she will be thrilled about that.
Feeding my newly acquired gang of A.geniculata, again. :p
Spot clean everyone else.
Taking my H.sapiens sling for a walk and grocery shopping, and trying to convince her that the Christmas decorations in the supermarket really are fake presents, and preventing her from opening one up anyway..:rofl:

BabaYaga

Arachnopeon
Cleaning the glass panels of my T.violaceus enclosure, I'm sure she will be thrilled about that.
Feeding my newly acquired gang of A.geniculata, again. :p
Spot clean everyone else.
Taking my H.sapiens sling for a walk and grocery shopping, and trying to convince her that the Christmas decorations in the supermarket really are fake presents, and preventing her from opening one up anyway..:rofl:

H. Sapiens sling. HA!
That's clever

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Awoke at 6am yesterday to rehouse the C. marschalli, went smoothly, only one gave a threat posture. Then fed the dogs and let them play in the adjoining park for an hour. Spread de-icer on the front porch and sidewalks, nearly took a fall.
9:30am left for the reptile show to pick up some feeders, cork slabs and a large flexwatt for a build currently in progress. I'm proud to say that this time I resisted buying any new additions. Rest of day was spent feeding and cleaning enclosures. Typical Saturday, minus reptile show, at my home.
Today, after church, realized I don't have a thermostat to finish the heating part of the build. Menards, here I come! Still have to do the roach colony, its time for a thorough cleaning, long overdue actually. :anxious:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Got small crickets to water and feed my spiderlings. Fed the bigs too. Also worked on my t stirmis molt mounting (touched up the cotton ball butt looks as good as possible), and tried not to look at her in her hide. Can't wait for her to come out...........

Risto N

Arachnopeon
20161217_154502.jpg 20161217_154729.jpg
Moved the versi from the deli cup to her new enclosure. P irminia sling went into their identical enclosure

Trenor

Arachnoprince
View attachment 227344 View attachment 227345
Moved the versi from the deli cup to her new enclosure. P irminia sling went into their identical enclosure
Using those style enclosures, I like to setup my Avics the opposite way with the small part being the bottom like this:

It requires you to hot glue the cork and plants into the larger part of the enclosure. Then put the substrate in the smaller part with the water dish sitting on the substrate. This allows your Avic to build it's web funnel in the top of the enclosure and you don't tear it up when you open the enclosure.

For the P.irminia, I like the opening at the top (like you did here) since mine has a tendency to web a hide at the base of the cork where it met the substrate. I just move it to a 32oz deli and it has already setup a plant/web funnel/burrow at the base of the cork in the cup.

Good luck.

Risto N

Arachnopeon
Using those style enclosures, I like to setup my Avics the opposite way with the small part being the bottom like this:

It requires you to hot glue the cork and plants into the larger part of the enclosure. Then put the substrate in the smaller part with the water dish sitting on the substrate. This allows your Avic to build it's web funnel in the top of the enclosure and you don't tear it up when you open the enclosure.

For the P.irminia, I like the opening at the top (like you did here) since mine has a tendency to web a hide at the base of the cork where it met the substrate. I just move it to a 32oz deli and it has already setup a plant/web funnel/burrow at the base of the cork in the cup.

Good luck.
I completely understand keeping the smaller section on the bottom to not disturb the avic's webbing. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I'll have to rearrange this coming week. I had a new glue gun (old one died on me) supposedly delivered Friday from amazon that I planned on using to make hides with. Definitely lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong house.

Thought my P irminia had somehow escaped when I woke this morning. She has a great webbing at the base of the cork bark going. I actually never saw her, my fiancee was the one that spotted her

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I deep cleaned ball python tank and bearded dragon tank. Did minor B lat enclosure clean-up, and fed them again.
Cleaned parrot poop off carpets (prefer when it dries enough to vacuum up, but sometimes that trick doesn't work -- works better with kitty fur balls, I suppose). :(
Plus did 6 loads of laundry (reptile carpets in washer now on 'delicate' -- then I'll run a hot bleach load afterwards to clean washing machine). lol
Sorry Ts, I'll have to feed you tomorrow after work... mummy is tired. :(

(re-reading this, my house sounds sorta filthy -- especially the parrot poop on carpet. I DO clean, honest!)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Cleaned parrot poop off carpets (prefer when it dries enough to vacuum up, but sometimes that trick doesn't work. :(
Parrots are work. One of my nephews owned one and it was a major task to clean up after.

He was pretty cool though. If he wanted out of his cage and heard you then he'd say, "Hello? Hello?". If you responded with anything he'd say, "Help!!!". He taught it a few more things but that was by far the funniest.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Parrots are work. One of my nephews owned one and it was a major task to clean up after.

He was pretty cool though. If he wanted out of his cage and heard you then he'd say, "Hello? Hello?". If you responded with anything he'd say, "Help!!!". He taught it a few more things but that was by far the funniest.
Gotta love parrots!
Last week-end was the worst weekend project -- took their cages outside for a power wash. Huge heavy cages. And it was freezing temps to boot. Can't decide if it's easier to wipe cages down, in situ, with a microfibre cloth -- or just take whole cage outside for powerwashing.
My parrots, esp when sitting on my sofa, will lean their butts off the side of sofa to poop on floor instead of sofa. Thoughtful sorta. But, poop still gotta be cleaned up wherever it lands! lol

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Aside from nonsense holiday plans, I'm going to be rehousing my boehmei into a smaller enclosure - I think the current one is too big for her - and doing a major maintenance overhaul on my porteri's tank as in the last 24 hours she has piled about 2" of substrate into her water dish and webbed over the whole thing. It looks like she's hiding a body under there.

Probably also shopping for a new enclosure for the G. pulchra sling - it grew way more than I expected when it molted a few days ago and it's officially outgrown the deli container.

Speaking of OBT, I do not currently own one but have been trying to get the hubby to say I can - and had a funny dream last night about unknowingly getting a gravid one and all of a sudden there were a hundred escapees running around my house :banghead: Maybe a sign that it's not time yet...
I have 3 AFs. They all have been paired and dropped one sac, but they're fixing to go again. Interested?
:D