so this is what the obsession is about...

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just got done feeding my A. geniculata, and little bitty B. albopilosum for the first time since their arrival yesterday, and i have to say that was one of the coolest things i have ever seen. the A. genic pounced on 3 crickets and my little 1" B. albopilosum took two small ones like a champ. I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET MORE. oh yeah, and my rock (G. rosea, still has not eaten in 3 weeks). OMG this is soo freaking cool. i sound like a little kid, but i don;t care. I'M HOOKED{D {D {D {D {D {D

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is cool to know!! My rosehair i had use to eat about 5 or more crickets in 2 weeks because i guess she was hungry!! Some of them eat while others wont maybe it was the 2 weeks things?? :? But she was cool to watch she'd snag one up and when another was near by she'd snatch it up 2 kinda looked like a OBT or Cobalt Blue pounching on prey!!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha that is great lol.... just wait till you get in the hundreds lol.... a friend of mine has a larger number then me and its awesome to hear all the crickets all of the sudden stop chirping lol...it never gets old!!!!{D

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know zactly what you mean! I just started around 3 months ago and I now have 5 Ts. I want more. MORE!

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
WELCOME to the Hobby..

and its addictive nature :)

I still say we need a 12 step program..

hmm

new thread.. :)

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you get it real bad, next thing you know you will be buying other inverts too. Just a warning, stop now or you can never go back. lol.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just started around 3 months ago and I now have 5 Ts. I want more. MORE!
and its addictive nature :)

I still say we need a 12 step program..
Just a warning, stop now or you can never go back. lol.

Yep, the addictive nature of this hobby is just plain scary... i started just 3 months ago and have turned one 2" C. crawshayi into 49 various T's and slings!!! :eek: Only about 20 bigger T's and the rest are slings of various sizes. Oh yeah, i have 6 more slings on order. Just wait until your babies start molting - that's way cool too. And then when they get big enough to sex from their molt - that's beyond way cool! :cool:

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The only thing cooler than watching them eat is watching them molt from start to finish.Totally amazing!!
Jason

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I too am hooked ! I got my first spyder 3 weeks ago,and now have added 3 more!I have a Mexican Redknee,Costa rican Zebra,huge Oklahoma brown and a Rosie.The hard part for me is that I live in Alaska and all the local pet shops just carry rose hairs.The only way I ended up with the Zebra was because they got it in a shipment by accident,took them all day to figure out what kind it was!Now if I want anyhing else its going to be my mail!

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there is a reptile show here next weekend, already started making a list. someone tell me why it took 23 years to find this hobby? omg I LOVE IT :drool:

oh god help my husband, i told him i just wanted one. :D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol you are hooked now:worship: :worship: :worship: and no going back :clap: :clap: :clap: enjoy your ( t ) and long may you keep them :) :) :) {D phil

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, no going back now. I started with 1. I slowly massed 22 and I do not believe I am done yet. Lucky I have an understanding wife.

GO GET MORE NOW!!!!!!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I started with one and less than a year on i now have 37 and its growing with new spiders on order all the time :rolleyes:

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cool! welcome to the obsession ;) i have 8 or so G Roseas and my largest female (6" she's a monster!) is obsessed with food...anything that moves she eats! she's big fat and hairy :D i tried breeding her but the males barely get out alive apparently she isnt ready for that yet...poor girl...

over 60 spidies in my collection now ^_^

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I too am hooked ! I got my first spyder 3 weeks ago,and now have added 3 more!I have a Mexican Redknee,Costa rican Zebra,huge Oklahoma brown and a Rosie.The hard part for me is that I live in Alaska and all the local pet shops just carry rose hairs.The only way I ended up with the Zebra was because they got it in a shipment by accident,took them all day to figure out what kind it was!Now if I want anyhing else its going to be my mail!
cool now maybe we can get you to use scientific names lol
and its TEXAS brown or A. hentzi thank you lol

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For me it went like this:
1 turns to 2
2 turns to 3
3 turns to 6
6 goes back to 3
3 goes to 8
8 goes to 11.

You can't stop no matter what you do its not that you aren't happy with your T's its that there is 800 different species.:eek:

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had similar rydog lol

1 turned to 2
turned to 7
turned to 10

and over time turned to 40.. now im back down to 37 lol